EBay madness

Marcyg

FYI that is my listing.  Not that I owe either yourself or anyone else an explanation, but for the record, if you care to read the listing in full then the reason for sale is explained.  Ordered last June/July simply because I liked the look of what promised to be a very fine model (and indeed still do).  Upon delivery some 8 months later and yes, on arrival a most splendid model indeed.  However, as we all know, personal situations change and at present other financial priorities beckon.  A wealthy individual I am not, so regrettably the model is now available for auction.

With all due respect, I paid my own hard-earned cash for the model, which is now rightfully my own property, and just as anyone else, I reserve the right to either hold it in my possession, sell it on, destroy it, or pretty much anything else as I see fit, without requiring permission from others who appear quick to cynically, and may I say quite incorrectly speculate upon the actions of another without knowing the facts of the matter.

If anyone takes issue with the fact that I am quite legally offering my own personal possessions for sale/auction, then with the kindest regards the answer is simple, please do not bid.

Thank you.

Edited by darkjunglemung
  • Like 17

A bit like this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151004510747?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It's called capitalism, profiteering or enterprise (no pun intended) depending upon which way you view it.

Now I wish I'd bought one, as I'd have used the profit to buy a maroon one and a sound decoder........, but hey, hindsight is a science.

Cheers,

Mick

I remember the first listed Ltd edtn class 70 selling for a good price.  Which was that, enterprise I wonder !!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A couple of older posts - I really should come here more often, it's always fun to see how sellers describe their items for sale (some of them can't really be called models)...

Can an item be "new" when it is 60 years old? I refer to examples of new Hornby Dublo which have never been used.  Or prehaps we should not say "new", but instead say "unused".  It doesn't have the same ring to it though.

Didn't Hattons find a few pieces of 1960s Hornby Dublo track still in their original packaging when they moved stock to the new warehouse. I think they're selling that as new.

I rather liked the statement "No defects to report. Well, no defects other than the fact that it's all his own work.....

This was the Connex liveried "4-CEP". Personally I rather liked the comment that it ran well on the track (which was not included) yet it was also descrived as unpowered. Did he mean it didn't derail when he pushed it along the track I wonder?

• RMweb Premium

I would like to present to you "Exhibit A". This is the alleged murder weapon............ :butcher:

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 5

FYI that is my listing.  Not that I owe either yourself or anyone else an explanation, but for the record, if you care to read the listing in full then the reason for sale is explained.  Ordered last June/July simply because I liked the look of what promised to be a very fine model (and indeed still do).  Upon delivery some 8 months later and yes, on arrival a most splendid model indeed.  However, as we all know, personal situations change and at present other financial priorities beckon.  A wealthy individual I am not, so regrettably the model is now available for auction.

With all due respect, I paid my own hard-earned cash for the model, which is now rightfully my own property, and just as anyone else, I reserve the right to either hold it in my possession, sell it on, destroy it, or pretty much anything else as I see fit, without requiring permission from others who appear quick to cynically, and may I say quite incorrectly speculate upon the actions of another without knowing the facts of the matter.

If anyone takes issue with the fact that I am quite legally offering my own personal possessions for sale/auction, then with the kindest regards the answer is simple, please do not bid.

Thank you.

Well said that man!

It is all too easy to sit at your keyboard and be cynical and negative without all the facts to hand. 

Tony

Thank you.

Well Said.

I've quite often gone to exhibitions, bought "rare" items at a pittence and listed them on ebay. The same principle applies, there's nothing wrong with it what so ever.

Paul A.

edit: spelling....

Edited by 1whitemoor
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The description says "Hand Weathered". That would be right....and the paint is probably still on his fingers !!

Edited by nickwood
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm watching this at the moment -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230943571121?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Hornby Intercity Swallow Mk3 currently at £46 (with 30mins still to go) - I was originally on the lookout for some cheapy Mk3s to respray for my next HST project and bowled over when I saw what the bidding has reached haha!

These keen bidders - Ricky Gervais' 'Extras' catchphrase comes to mind - are you having a laugh?!

Excellent news for the seller though, wish it was me! Tempting to cash in on these BREL junkies and shed a few of my coaches!

I'm watching this at the moment -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230943571121?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Hornby Intercity Swallow Mk3 currently at £46 (with 30mins still to go) - I was originally on the lookout for some cheapy Mk3s to respray for my next HST project and bowled over when I saw what the bidding has reached haha!

These keen bidders - Ricky Gervais' 'Extras' catchphrase comes to mind - are you having a laugh?!

Excellent news for the seller though, wish it was me! Tempting to cash in on these BREL junkies and shed a few of my coaches!

I'm afraid that's been the going rate (especially for the SOs) for some time - it isn't  one off or a fluke. The last batches of Hornby Intercity Mk3 SOs (R4295 and R4295A) sold out very quickly, another case of demand rather being underestimated.....

• RMweb Premium

I'm afraid that's been the going rate (especially for the SOs) for some time - it isn't  one off or a fluke. The last batches of Hornby Intercity Mk3 SOs (R4295 and R4295A) sold out very quickly, another case of demand rather being underestimated.....

Fair play it is a nice livery too!

I don't buy coaches that often and still fondly remember the days I started in the hobby as a kid with pocket money and a coach was about £12 from Gamleys!

Well spotted, surely this must count as one of the worst offerings I've seen submitted here. What the hell??? Did he use a toilet brush to weather this?

Ok I take it back maybe the burnt offerings in post #6031 is worse!!

Edited by aussiebrfan

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

Is the NRM's KOYLI an imposter?  Apparently D9002 was scrapped (and indeed scrapped without ever being named)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/scrapyard-N-GAUGE-Deltic-diesel-loco-heavily-rusted-weathered-/300875324456?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item460d911c28

Edited by Metr0Land

Is the NRM's KOYLI an imposter?  Apparently D9002 was scrapped (and indeed scrapped without ever being named)

"hand painted by professional artist depicting a heavily rusted and weathered loco" I assume not working from any reference photos, then.

• Like 2

Well spotted, surely this must count as one of the worst offerings I've seen submitted here. What the hell??? Did he use a toilet brush to weather this?

Ok I take it back maybe the burnt offerings in post #6031 is worse!!

Judging by the colour of the weathering, I think he slashed a wrist, bled all over it, then used a paint brush in a horizontal direction......