EBay madness

Marcyg

1 hour ago, rab said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peco-N-gauge-flexible-track-C2/124340302416?hash=item1cf3427250:g:HlMAAOSwuoZfYjoB&redirect=mobile

Looking at the asking price there is obviously something special about this track,  but I'm darned if I can see what it is???

Well, it is quite obvious that the middle one isn't encumbered by the derail danger labels the other two have.....  

Julian

Edited by jcredfer
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Chris-GNR said:

Morning chaps....

A shameless plug for some bits I’ve listed on eBay. There are 19 listing in total so have a look at my ‘other items’. I’ve shared a link of few to pique interest.

<Snipped>

Cheers guys.

Chris

Nothing in this announcement for me. ;)

:jester:

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Rocket Railways again, a "job lot" which consists of just two Oxford Diecast N scale cars for which you can pay three times the going rate plus postage...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/N-Gauge-Job-lot-of-Cars-Inc-Oxford-Vintage-Van/114412188330?hash=item1aa37f72aa:g:30QAAOSwPUNfYiVs

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, rab said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peco-N-gauge-flexible-track-C2/124340302416?hash=item1cf3427250:g:HlMAAOSwuoZfYjoB&redirect=mobile

Looking at the asking price there is obviously something special about this track,  but I'm darned if I can see what it is???

So what is the normal retail price for these? £4.75 each does not seem too high.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

So what is the normal retail price for these? £4.75 each does not seem too high.

The seller has obviously seen the mistake and corrected it.

It was another example of the misplaced decimal point.

They were listed at £1425.00.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It doesn’t say much for the modelling fraternity. I spot something I need and hard to get hold of,  not necessarily at a bargain price, but a reasonable one and I put a bid down early. Then someone comes along and snipes me for 20p at the last minute. Not very gentlemanly...

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Brassey said:

It doesn’t say much for the modelling fraternity. I spot something I need and hard to get hold of,  not necessarily at a bargain price, but a reasonable one and I put a bid down early. Then someone comes along and snipes me for 20p at the last minute. Not very gentlemanly...

Welcome to the world of online auctions!

Mike.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Brassey said:

Sorry, but you only loose an auction because you did not bid enough!

• Agree 7

50 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

Sorry, but you only loose an auction because you did not bid enough!

And you don't know for sure whether the winner bid 20p or £200 more than you as his maximum bid. Best thing to do is bid as much as you are prepared to, then ignore that auction until it ends.

• Agree 6