EBay madness

Marcyg

A loco is being offered as an Atlas model. It is in fact a Model Power model - somewhat different quality (and it's a complete foobie!). I messaged the seller, pointing out that the loco was from Model Power, not Atlas. He replied, thanking me for the information which he said he had not known. The auction is still in progress, with the loco still being described as produced by Atlas. I've just received a message saying that since I've previously shown interest in it, I'm being offered a 20% reduction in the BIN price!

Edited by pH
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

We all know the reputation of D&S kits and many can appreciate the scarcity but try this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D-S-LNER-ex-GCR-Barnum-Saloon-Carriage-EM-Gauge-Finescale/254712171210

It's only cheap because it's EM gauge, not popular at all!

Mike.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Pick a consistent font, lose the pretentious waffle, actually tell the buyers something they actually want to know, oh and cut the price by about 80% and maybe I might take some interest...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Graham-Farish-8205-Class-20-Diesel/353202355215?hash=item523c803c0f:g:KgoAAOSw38JfXwg5

Straight from the shop counter to the collector's cabinet and now a fantastic opportunity for you to purchase to cherish and for future generations to enjoy

So how come the nose is broken off and missing then?

Edited by John M Upton
  • Agree 3

8 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Pick a consistent font, lose the pretentious waffle, actually tell the buyers something they actually want to know, oh and cut the price by about 80% and maybe I might take some interest...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Graham-Farish-8205-Class-20-Diesel/353202355215?hash=item523c803c0f:g:KgoAAOSw38JfXwg5

Also I notice that when you go into the listing it has a lot of irrelevant text not specific to that loco - apparently he has ‘many in all-original condition that have never been tampered with’ but he neglects to mention that this isn’t one of them...

• Funny 5

Ten o'clock on last night there were only two pictures, but even boxed up you could see that the nose panel was missing. So it was either not fixed properly from new, the glue has deteriorated, or more likely it's been dropped at some stage.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

I sent the seller a message pointing out the nose damage issue and to his credit he did respond, add more pictures and reduce the price even though its still too pricey in my opinion. 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

I’ve often wondered what you should do if the item’s condition is somehow incorrectly described but the true condition is obvious from the photos. For example, I recently purchased a dilapidated loco described as used but ‘good’ condition. Although it clearly wasn’t ‘good,’ I could see this from the very clear photos and knew what I was getting into; it would have been disingenuous to claim it was incorrectly described purely on this basis. I would have left positive feedback, although ultimately left neutral feedback for a completely separate reason. I wonder what eBay would make of cases like this though.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, John M Upton said:

It's not loose, it's just included as an optional extra.

The price is justified by the fact that your getting

two versions for the price of one; one with yellow nose,

one without.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, 009 micro modeller said:

I’ve often wondered what you should do if the item’s condition is somehow incorrectly described but the true condition is obvious from the photos. ...snip...

I just won an O scale Labelle wood observation car that was in remarkably better condition than the photos showed it to be. Sometimes one gets lucky!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/O-Scale-2-Rail-LaBelle-wood-passenger-car-with-Walthers-trucks-New/392925354545

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Metr0Land said:

There will be much gaiety in the micmcn household tonight. :)

• Funny 3