Copenhagen Fields

CF MRC

• RMweb Premium

Might be a bit quiet here for a while as I am having a bit of a change of size, working on Sir Sagramore
IMG_9023.jpeg?width=960&height=720&fit=b

Details in the Model Engineering section of RMWeb. 

Tim

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Don’t worry, it’s not forgotten, but I have too many projects! I found this photo recently which shows it in exactly the condition I’m modelling it. 
IMG_9003.jpeg?width=960&height=720&fit=b

I suspect the photo was taken at KX. Quite interesting that the rear 3/4 of the cab appears to have a cover over it, which also is visible in the classic KX picture. 

Tim

• Like 8
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, CF MRC said:

Don’t worry, it’s not forgotten, but I have too many projects! I found this photo recently which shows it in exactly the condition I’m modelling it. 
IMG_9003.jpeg?width=960&height=720&fit=b

I suspect the photo was taken at KX. Quite interesting that the rear 3/4 of the cab appears to have a cover over it, which also is visible in the classic KX picture. 

Tim

It almost looks as if it's a nearly stowed tarpaulin to drape onto the tender in inclement weather, perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

That’s a good idea, but the photo would almost certainly have been taken during the comparative trials with an A1 out of KX in July 1923. 

Tim

Edited by CF MRC
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The standard stock was scratch-built 30+ years ago by Stewart Hine and used on the Caledonian Tube part of the layout. It has a modified Tomix tram mechanism in it at present, but will probably get a re-work based on Stewart’s original chassis in the near future. 

We will also be making a new train for YR and of course the Revolution ‘38 stock will be a godsend. It will be backdated to the prototype stock and probably run on the Cally section. 

Tim

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, queensquare said:

I see CF is on the cover of the latest N gauge society magazine. Is there something you’re not telling us Tim! 😊

Jerry

or is it the N Gauge Society that have seen the light Jerry??  Sorry if that was too provocative :)

RIch

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

The excellent picture was clearly taken at Warley with the stealth tube present; since modified to be more visible. It’s a Zeppelin view, but none the worse for that. Can someone say what the caption was?

IMG_0710.jpeg?width=960&height=720&fit=b

Tim

• Like 7

The caption was: A view of ‘Copenhagen Fields’ on display at the Warley Show.

No further reference to the photographer.

Jan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jan W said:

The caption was: A view of ‘Copenhagen Fields’ on display at the Warley Show.

No further reference to the photographer.

Name of photographer obviously withheld to avoid embarrassment. He (she?) clearly didn't realise that it was 2FS and not N, although the finescale pointwork should have given a vital clue.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bécasse said:

Name of photographer obviously withheld to avoid embarrassment. He (she?) clearly didn't realise that it was 2FS and not N, although the finescale pointwork should have given a vital clue.

Finescale pointwork is available for N.

But you'd imagine the N scale society know the difference, maybe inside it explains why it's put a 2mm FS model on it's front cover.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

But you'd imagine the N scale society know the difference, maybe inside it explains why it's put a 2mm FS model on it's front cover.

are you sure its not Peco code 80 finescale 😁 I have heard the tale 🤣😂

Edited by nick_bastable
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, bécasse said:
33 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

It really doesn’t matter what the difference is in the trackwork between 2mm FS and N gauge, it’s the overall ambience of a layout that matters.  However, when Keith Armes made the mainline crossovers from a scaled up prototype track plan, he remarked that they were the longest turnouts he had ever made. They could not work with N gauge standards. 

Tim

Edited by CF MRC
  • Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

The ngs mag has a new editor: approached me at Manchester on my demo stand stating he was hoping to move things forwards a bit. Maybe this is a naive first move?

Re the ngs knowing the difference, most havn't worked out its 2.06mm not 2 yet so let's not get ahead of ourselves here 🙄

Mark

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...