Model Railway Partwork - Your Model Railway Village

John M Upton

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly the latest WHS 20% off card specifically excludes magazines (and just about everything else that WH Smith sell as well).....  Previous 20% cards used to offer 10% off magazines, but that's stopped now as well.

Best Regards,

ZG.

W H Smiths - gets a one out of ten from Len !! :jester:

Same here i got 5 from whs newquay whilst on a day out in cornwall today would have had the other 3 if she wasn't with me!!

Hope there are still some in shops on monday when i am back at work so i can sneak sme more in.

Have you appeared on the Jk show yet, or have I missed you on it!! Maybe JK and Graham can help you - to get some more Mk IOnes of course!! :jester:

If you're happy with the Hatchet mk1's, then save yourselves some money by buying this loco, looks like a Jinty to me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOUEF-PLAYCRAFT-0-4-0-TANK-LOCOMOTIVE-706-WORKING-UNBOXED-ITEM-/350867292879?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item51b15202cf

Mike.

What a terrible trick to play on people!! Even without a picture. if that looked like a Jinty I'll prepare the runway ready for the pig to land!! :O

The last one was issue 7 (including a bag of green flock!). Issue 8 is due about now.

Up to now, the only value for money items have been the coach and possibly the level crossing. The buildings have been rather poor and expensive at two issues each.

With this bag of green flock you really spoil us ambassador,...erm hatchette! :no:

• 2 weeks later...

Had to chuckle this afternoon saw two new Hatchette partworks advertised in the same" block of time": firstly a German !!U-96 U-Boat (don't know the scale) in 150 parts - first part 50p then the remainder at £5:99, and then an "O" gauge "Mallard" in garter blue livery - in 130 parts - first isssue 50p then the remainders at £7:99 each. The A4 appears to be in etched brass (for the body at least)) and there is footage of it running on a length of track. Will be interesting to see how these two subjects fare!! :O 

The U-boat is 1:48 so it's a hefty beast. Not sure where the 150 issues come in as AFAIK there is no interior detail and subs don't have a huge amount of twiddly bits on the outside...

Hmm. This is useful http://www.u96-bauen.de/vorschau/

It looked a prize pike in the bloke's arms in the ad. tbh.! It's a bloomin' expensive fish I have to say, will the propellor be motorised I wonder? Incidentally do you know if Tthe YRMV has been discontinued to retailers - haven't seen in Barnsley for many weeks now, and you and I seem the only active posters on here, with other correspondents - well not even a trickle!

• RMweb Gold

Incidentally do you know if Tthe YRMV has been discontinued to retailers - haven't seen in Barnsley for many weeks now

Retailers tend not to carry partworks beyond the first few issues. After that you have to subscribe or place a regular order.

Had to chuckle this afternoon saw two new Hatchette partworks advertised in the same" block of time": firstly a German !!U-96 U-Boat (don't know the scale) in 150 parts - first part 50p then the remainder at £5:99, and then an "O" gauge "Mallard" in garter blue livery - in 130 parts - first isssue 50p then the remainders at £7:99 each. The A4 appears to be in etched brass (for the body at least)) and there is footage of it running on a length of track. Will be interesting to see how these two subjects fare!! :O 

The "small print" on the screen also states that Paint, Gears and Motor are extra!

Who knows what technical marvels may have been invented by the time the series comes to an end? Anti-gravity? Room temperature superconducting coreless motors?

Or given that it's 130 parts, probably needs the Infinite Improbability Drive...

• Administrators

Retailers tend not to carry partworks beyond the first few issues. After that you have to subscribe or place a regular order.

They are still commissioning articles for the magazine so it's still going strong, I know it's made it to part 36!

http://philsworkbench.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/hellingly-in-partwork.html

The "small print" on the screen also states that Paint, Gears and Motor are extra!

i didn't see that "small print" tbh - just how many issues and subsequent prices! Love your little icon btw - 46 009 was my final "peak" cop - at Cudworth North Junction summer of '75 - ah memories!

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody else having problem logging into their Hachette account? I wanted to check mine as it states in the covering letter with issues 34 - 37 that I owe £71.92. I logged in as usual. My name appeared at top of page, but when I click on either "account" tap or the "subscription details" tab it asks me to register my details as a new customer?????? 

Is anybody else having problem logging into their Hachette account? I wanted to check mine as it states in the covering letter with issues 34 - 37 that I owe £71.92. I logged in as usual. My name appeared at top of page, but when I click on either "account" tap or the "subscription details" tab it asks me to register my details as a new customer?????? 

I had the exact same problem a few months ago, and after a lot of trying and phoning customer services with no joy I had to try and work it out for myself. My problem was caused by an update from windows, I system restored my PC to take out the recent windows update and it worked fine after that, then I installed the updates one at a time to see which update was causing the problem and found it, It was (internet explorer 11 for windows 7 for x64-based systems) this was the update that caused my problem. please let me know how you get on.

Archived