Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bath Queen Square

queensquare

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, queensquare said:

Thanks Ade. The big test for me will come with wiring it all up - that will tax my very limited knowledge in that department to the max!

Jerry

You and me both! Wiring is a nightmare!

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, queensquare said:

Thanks Ade. The big test for me will come with wiring it all up - that will tax my very limited knowledge in that department to the max!

Jerry

If you have any doubts regarding wiring the junction I’ll be happy to help you work it through.  
Frank

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Chuffer Davies said:

If you have any doubts regarding wiring the junction I’ll be happy to help you work it through.  
Frank

That’s a very kind offer  Frank, many thanks, I may well take you up on that

Jerry

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Its really coming on great Jerry. You seldom see layouts that replicate such typical railway landscape. I love the photos of trains crossing the bridge. Wiring is not that difficult I would advise noting what you have connected to what. If you dont like wiring DCC and using frog juicers makes it somewhat easier

I am a bit too far away to come and help, much as it would be worth it to see the layout in the flesh. But I am happy to make suggestions if any one needs help.

Don

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, queensquare said:

Very pleasant, and productive evening in front of the fire. What  a fantastic time saver Easitrac  is -though the animals didn’t seem that gripped by how it has revolutionised the production of plain track!

2A61AF72-2DC7-4479-94CF-C1522FD4C4E3.jpeg.b4c32c807e37696854c8b983abb256bc.jpeg

4B231F65-F7BD-40FC-A250-98200CFD2EE9.jpeg.c017ce85235b992810a2bac14e44783f.jpeg

Mr Chunks (below), son of Minsky seen sprawled across the table above, was obviously out on a date as he would normally take prime spot in front of the fire!

Jerry

8F8560EA-D123-4ED4-9A9B-E94164D3B7C2.jpeg.09c6b737533f3fa569e6d6eb4908aa4d.jpeg

There's only Mr. Prickles (your pet Hedgehog) paying any attention !

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, drduncan said:

Jerry,

DCC sections…do you mean power districts?

Best 

Duncan

It pretty much amounts to the same thing but yes.

Jerry

Edited by queensquare

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, queensquare said:

We’ll see how this discipline concept goes- it’s not something that comes naturally!

It’s Good Friday and sunny so spending the rest of the day in the garden. May even light the fire pit and get the guitars out later.

I take it then that you are definitely not at York this w/end with Foxcote New Pit ? Shown in the listings in the April Modeller but in fairness not in the official York MRS layout list.

Regards,

Ian.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 03060 said:

I take it then that you are definitely not at York this w/end with Foxcote New Pit ? Shown in the listings in the April Modeller but in fairness not in the official York MRS layout list.

Regards,

Ian.

No I’m at a family wedding today in Southampton so had to pull out several months ago. I was gutted as York weekend is one of my favourites of the year.
We will be back in 2024 with the late Iain Rice’s Trerice and 2025 with Tucking Mill.

Foxcote is now built into the home layout and is being retired from the exhibition circuit - it’s last outing will be Rail Wells this August.

Jerry

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

You'll be missed - the Knavesmire was looking good yesterday...

52801767593_423e36ce94_z.jpg

52801571559_d5b61dacca_z.jpg

ChrisH

You’re not helping Chris, I should be looking forward to a nice walk around the walls after the show followed by a couple of pints and a curry! ☹️ 

Dressing  up and weddings are not my natural habitat!!

Jerry

Edited by queensquare
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, queensquare said:

You’re not helping Chris, I should be looking forward to a nice walk around the walls after the show followed by a couple of pints and a curry! ☹️ 

Dressing  up and weddings are not my natural habitat!!

Jerry

Sorry.....

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, queensquare said:

Just back from a splendid weekend in Cornwall helping John Greenwood with Wadebridge at the Helston clubs show in Pool, Camborne.  An unusual visitor on Wadebridge shed was SDJR Fox Walker 0-6-0ST No 1. She is the latest product of our ongoing bartering and is completely scratchbuilt.

As expected from the hand of JG, she looks and runs beautifully and only requires a few details before entering the paint shops. She’s now at home with me.

Jerry

153DCBBB-295C-4C32-966E-C0E43D741DA8.jpeg.18bef072be7bb5552124a57753d3cff1.jpeg

These are delightful locos and John has really captured their character with this lovely build. 

Lucky you, Jerry. 

Rob. 

• Agree 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, AdeMoore said:

Looks marvellous Jerry may I ask the source of the levers?

Thanks Ade, the levers are made up from the S4 Society etches. I really like them, very tactile 

Jerry

Edited by queensquare
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Lever frames are available from the Scalefour public store as below. If you want more of a challenge you can get the Mark two version which can be interlocked but you'll need to find a Scalefour member to buy them for you as they are only available to S4 membersMKone.jpg.552bdb554c409dab298d42d432ca885e.jpg

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Ella’s third birthday today. After an excellent weekend away on the West Somerset she is seen here having a well deserved Kip with the rest of the household!

We had a little 2mm gathering on Monday, I’ll post some pictures once the brothers Grand remind me what the locos are - more very nice GC types!

Jerry

IMG_0291.jpeg.829a1f0497349dfd2f4b1112c0a27a2c.jpeg

IMG_0205.jpeg.9369dcd7b0c1daa732e092de02a94135.jpeg

IMG_0274.jpeg.5284fe4baf5fef0defdfc2b623c3ac0e.jpegIMG_0282.jpeg.5fe3b7fd947a8f6ee1a9c3cf04a135d7.jpeg

• Like 18