The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Engelbert for Eurovision !

edcayton

To clarify the last post - Bryan Johnson sang "High High High". Pearl and Teddy sang "Sing Little Birdie". Bryan and Teddy were brothers. Teddy was also a Radio Luxembourg DJ at one time.

Chris

• RMweb Premium

To clarify the last post - Bryan Johnson sang "High High High". Pearl and Teddy sang "Sing Little Birdie". Bryan and Teddy were brothers. Teddy was also a Radio Luxembourg DJ at one time.

Chris

The really horrible thing is that I can still remember many of the words of both of these "songs" even now

"There's a bird on the branch, there's a branch on the tree, there's a tree in the meadow", etc and

"looking high high high

looking low low low

wond'ring why why why

did she go, go go

and if I I I don't find my love I know

I shall die die die as I love her so"

UGH

I think the Finnish metal band Lordi are still going - surely the wierdest (and maybe the best) Euro winners ever!

A year or two after that, Sweden entered Glam Rock band 'The Ark' - I saw them supporting The Darkness in Brighton, and they were excellent :D

As for other long-lasting (ex)Eurovision acts - Celine Dion represented Switzerland one year. She did alright for herself!

On another note, watching it with subtitles on is great fun :D

Lithuania, one year, had a song which contained a bizzare rap sequence. The subtitler valiantly tried to keep up and translate everything, before eventually giving up. HE RAPS IN LITHUANIAN was the next line on the subtitles (including the capitals) :D

Ppppppppppppllllllllleeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee reeeeleeeeeaaasssseeee mmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee etc :drinks:

Well I'd vote for you for the entertainment factor in those shirts. :)

Appearing in the contest simply gives the world the chance to tell us how much we're hated even thought the world is breakings its neck to get here...

As for Englebert representing England, he would be more at home representing Yanky or India!

• RMweb Gold

Appearing in the contest simply gives the world the chance to tell us how much we're hated even thought the world is breakings its neck to get here...

Absolutely.

Thanks to Chrisf and 45156 for clarifying who sang what with who and for reminding us

of the words of the song.

Do you think we should all get out more?

Jim

Rest assured that I will be nowhere near a TV set when the programme is transmitted.

Chris

As for Englebert representing England, he would be more at home representing Yanky or India!

Usually, when someone says "England" instead of "Britain", I make a point of correcting that person. In this case, however, you are welcome to your man.

Can we stop all this whinging about Nordic and Balkan block voting until there's a British entry which isn't an embarrassment to anyone who cares about music?

That sozzled buffoon Wogan blamed Nordic block voting for Lordi winning for Finland a few years back. He ignored the fact it got 12 points from British voters.

Perhaps next year we should enter Motorhead?

....Perhaps next year we should enter Motorhead?

a) Motörhead don't need the exposure for their career

b] Lemmy isn't a 'pretty boy' and might frighten the Grannies

c) They're not really PC, are they?

d) Britain STILL wouldn't win

F

Apparently the committee responsible for the British entry locked Engelbert in a room - he kept shouting "please release me, let me go" to no avail and then reluctantly agreed to sing a song for this year’s contest, They had tried to get Tom Jones first but he said he planning was to cut the green green grass of home at the same time as the contest was being held. :lol: :D :lol:

XF

• RMweb Premium

Apparently the committee responsible for the British entry locked Engelbert in a room - he kept shouting "please release me, let me go" to no avail and then reluctantly agreed to sing a song for this year’s contest, They had tried to get Tom Jones first but he said he planning was to cut the green green grass of home at the same time as the contest was being held. :lol: :D :lol:

XF

I'd rather watch the green green grass of home growing than endure the Eurocack contest!

Well I'd vote for you for the entertainment factor in those shirts. :)

MYYYyyyyyyyyy mmmmyyyyy myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy AAnnndyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Or hows about............

You aint seen nothing yet!!! Aaaannddyyyyyyyy you aint seen nothing yet!

Wait till Taunton! ;)

Stranded at the model showwwwwwww

Branded a fooolllll

What willlll theyyyyy sayyyyyyy

Mondayyyy attt schhhhooolllll

Annndyyy cant you see I'm in miseryyyyyyyyyyyy

I'll fetch me coat!!!

Engelbert for UK. Jedward for Ireland. The choice is obvious.

I'd prefer it if Jedward went to prison instead. How anybody can scream at them I have no idea- they are enough to force a girl into 'alternative areas of interest :tender: .'

Archived