Arnington

I just found the time to go right through your thread from the very start and...wow! SO many 90's favourites, a big dollop of 80's gems, some colourful modern day stunners, then all the cheeky wagons in the background (some superb OBA's I spy!), lovely buildings, graffiti, weathering, very very nice work sir! 

Cheers

James

Hi James,

Thanks very much for the comments and taking the time to look through my thread :) Think i have a long way to go to get to your standard of modelling though mate. Your wagons are phenomenal especially the OBA's and OCA's they look awesome!

Cheers

Arnie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Arnie, The 56 and 60 do look good, all you need now is a class 70. I must admit having seen a few recently I quite like the class 70s plenty of clag when they power up too.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Arnie, The 56 and 60 do look good, all you need now is a class 70. I must admit having seen a few recently I quite like the class 70s plenty of clag when they power up too.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

I do have a Colas 70 already just need a 37 now to complete the current Colas diesel set :) I quite like the 70's also, they do produce some nice clag and don't sound to bad at all!

Cheers

Arnie

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Evening All,

I thought i would post up some in progress pics of the layout. I have been busy relaying a curve that i was never too happy with when i started the layout and I have also removed the flyover for rebuilding which will return at some point.

I'm not too sure if the pylon in the background will stay as it's a Hornby one and i think it's a little underscale for OO? Maybe i will have a go at scratch building one in the future!

And lastly as you can see i've aquired myself a Grassmaster and have been having ago at static grass, i'm quite pleased with the results and looking forward to redoing all the other grassy areas on the layout with it. Here's a couple of pics.

14713077357_ac7639f1f0.jpg

Class 37683 Arnash Lane with new grass by Arnington, on Flickr

14720953117_c17d4d2c6d.jpg

Freightliner Class 47349 Arnash Lane by Arnington, on Flickr

Cheers,

Arnie

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 9

• 1 month later...

Hi mate,

That static grass looks really really top drawer. Definitely worth the effort.

And that pic of 37683 is something else. Brilliant.

Cheers,

Stu.

Hi Stu,

Thanks mate, yeah i'm happy how the static grass came out, got to get on and do a few more areas now!

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 1

Any new updates? :senile:

cheers neil..

Hi Neil,

Not been up to much with the layout apart from shelving my modern stock and taking it back to a more 90's feel again. Also been tinkering with a few Heljan 47's getting them back into service.

I have got myself a new camera though and have been playing around with it, here are a few snaps.

Cheers

Arnie

15255090801_301e515ab6_c.jpgClass 47715 Haymarket by Arnington, on Flickr

15225724686_ac17a751e0_c.jpgArnash Lane by Arnington, on Flickr

15309594865_cd831eb68b_c.jpgDouble Cromptons by Arnington, on Flickr

15258232465_38a2ba5453_c.jpgClass 09013 by Arnington, on Flickr

15061979988_82f6ef6072_c.jpgArnash Lane 1998 by Arnington, on Flickr

15225518286_9cc8ef029b_c.jpgClass 37087 Arnash Lane by Arnington, on Flickr

15309291452_73ea5b772c_c.jpgClass 47349 by Arnington, on Flickr

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 17