Arnington

Are all your lovely locos on eBay mate ?!

I wonder if the current scene will keep your attention for long .....it keeps mine for about 5 mins.

Unit, unit, unit, hst, shed of colours, unit, unit, unit, tamper, shed of colours no2, unit, unit......!

Still each to their own !

Are all your lovely locos on eBay mate ?!

I wonder if the current scene will keep your attention for long .....it keeps mine for about 5 mins.

Unit, unit, unit, hst, shed of colours, unit, unit, unit, tamper, shed of colours no2, unit, unit......!

Still each to their own !

Hi Rob,

No I have most of them still but all boxed up at the moment. It's actually the wagons that are around in the current scene that I'm fascinated with the most, especially the departmental and spoil trains I've been seeing at Eastleigh lately. The mix of new type MHA and MTA and battered old OCA and OBA wagons is great, some of them are in an awful state! I'm currently weathering and putting together a departmental rake for the layout and will post pics soon.

Cheers

Arnie

Evening,

I have been busy today finishing of weathering my new rake of ballast wagons. Instead of some pictures here's a video or 2. The first is Colas 47749 hauling the new rake and the second is DRS 37409 hauling a short rake of Network Rail IOA wagons.

Cheers

Arnie

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 4

Nice vids Arnie..

The shot across the tracks with 37409 looks very realistic.

Nice rake of wagons with 749, very Eastleigh..

Thanks Scott, still think i need a few more wagons for the rake though! Wouldnt mind getting one of those kit conversions from Intercity models for the Bachmann OBA wagon. This replaces the wooden sides with mesh, i have seen a quite a few of these at Eastleigh which have been converted.

Cheers

Arnie

Those OBA's at the end of the ballast train look outstanding . Awesome stuff .

Thanks Marcus,

The OBA's are my favourite wagons to weather up. Picking out all those wooden panels with various colours :)

Cheers

Arnie

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 1

Hi Arnie, blimey quite a change at Arnash Lane. I have to confess that I will miss seeing photos of your BR stock, please don’t get rid of them!

But on the flip side you can have DB liveried class 60s!........

Great videos, superb weathering on the engineers wagons. Quality!

What about some Loadhaul Grid action?!!

Hi Arni, I've just caught up with this and had a quick flick through, My mate, George T on here and I used to live down South and would go to Eastleigh as least one evening a week for some therapy,haha. In those day around 1995 to 2005 there was loads to see, from the last of the Red Triangle 47's on Freightliners to HST on the Bournemouth runs and 37, 33, 73 by the shed load.

I'm just collecting Blue / NSE / Dutch again for another project so will pop back into here for some divine inspiration.

P.S. I have just seen your Avatar and so checked out your profile, I was a Bass player in couple of Bands in Portsmouth along with George in two of them.

All the best,

Andy. :sungum:

• Like 2

Hi Arnie, blimey quite a change at Arnash Lane. I have to confess that I will miss seeing photos of your BR stock, please don’t get rid of them!

But on the flip side you can have DB liveried class 60s!........

Great videos, superb weathering on the engineers wagons. Quality!

What about some Loadhaul Grid action?!!

Hi Alex,

Thanks, yeah bit of a change but i fancied a bit of a more modern feel after my trips to Eastleigh last month. I promise there will not be too many sheds appearing, just a Colas one at present as i like the livery! I do still have most of my BR stock intact just boxed up at the moment.

We are going to be moving this year so i have begun packing up my locos and bits in readiness to save time when the move does happen. Not sure whats going to happen to the layout, i keep changing my mind whether to save the mostly finished depot scenic side and incorporate it into another layout or rip it all up and start a whole new layout when were setttled into a new home.

Arnash was the first time i have ever had ago at building any kind of layout and there are lots of things that annoy me about it and things i wish i could change! So i may well start again.

I do still have a Loadhaul grid actually so there will still be some grid action to see :)

Cheers

Arnie

Hi Arni, I've just caught up with this and had a quick flick through, My mate, George T on here and I used to live down South and would go to Eastleigh as least one evening a week for some therapy,haha. In those day around 1995 to 2005 there was loads to see, from the last of the Red Triangle 47's on Freightliners to HST on the Bournemouth runs and 37, 33, 73 by the shed load.

I'm just collecting Blue / NSE / Dutch again for another project so will pop back into here for some divine inspiration.

P.S. I have just seen your Avatar and so checked out your profile, I was a Bass player in couple of Bands in Portsmouth along with George in two of them.

All the best,

Hi Andy,

Yeah i wish i could go back in time for a visit to Eastleigh back then, i didn't get back into railways until around 2007ish so i missed most of the good stuff :( I still have lots of memories when i was a lad though in the 80's trainspotting with my dad. I will never forgot seeing class 50's thumping by on our visits to Iver and West Ealing, and also numerous visits to Old Oak Common. Great Days!!

What kind of music did the bands you were in play? I'm actually between bands at present as the guitarist from my previous band has moved to Germany so we deceided to call it a day.

I look forward to seeing your new project come together!

Best Regards

Arnie

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 3

Hi Andy,

Yeah i wish i could go back in time for a visit to Eastleigh back then, i didn't get back into railways until around 2007ish so i missed most of the good stuff :( I still have lots of memories when i was a lad though in the 80's trainspotting with my dad. I will never forgot seeing class 50's thumping by on our visits to Iver and West Ealing, and also numerous visits to Old Oak Common. Great Days!!

What kind of music did the bands you were in play? I'm actually between bands at present as the guitarist from my previous band has moved to Germany so we deceided to call it a day.

I look forward to seeing your new project come together!

Best Regards

Arnie

Hi Arnie, a bit of all sorts, in Pubs it was 60 to 80's Rock (Stones to Dire Straits), and in British Legions it was mainly just 60's Rock and Roll, Stones, Beatles, Elvis, Cliff Richard, Everlys etc.

My previous Bands with George T were a Shadows Tribute Band and also a Blues Band, (I was Lead Guitar in both of those). Heavy Rock and Blues are my favorites, with Planet Rock on in the Car, and David Gilmour and Joe Bonamassa on CD.

What do you play / like, I guess its NOT CLASSICAL by your Avatar, haha :no: :no:

Just picked up a NSE 33 today (33035) to go with the 2 x NSE 50's and 2 x Blue ones, but I'm trying to get the Bachmann 47, Haymarket in NSE but Bachmann are showing it as sold out. 

All the best,

Andy :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

Hi Arnie, a bit of all sorts, in Pubs it was 60 to 80's Rock (Stones to Dire Straits), and in British Legions it was mainly just 60's Rock and Roll, Stones, Beatles, Elvis, Cliff Richard, Everlys etc.

My previous Bands with George T were a Shadows Tribute Band and also a Blues Band, (I was Lead Guitar in both of those). Heavy Rock and Blues are my favorites, with Planet Rock on in the Car, and David Gilmour and Joe Bonamassa on CD.

What do you play / like, I guess its NOT CLASSICAL by your Avatar, haha :no: :no:

Just picked up a NSE 33 today (33035) to go with the 2 x NSE 50's and 2 x Blue ones, but I'm trying to get the Bachmann 47, Haymarket in NSE but Bachmann are showing it as sold out. 

All the best,

Hi Andy,

I'm into early 80's Post/Punk music mostly bands like The Cure, The Chameleons and Killing Joke. The bands i have played in lately mix a bit of those influences with the 90's shoegaze sound i.e lots of guitar effects which i love!

I do like 33035 in NSE livery i wish they had painted a few more 33's up in it. I made sure i pre ordered the Bachy NSE 47 as i though it may be a popular loco, keep an eye on Ebay though as i've seen a few on there. I also have the Vi Trains NSE 47587 Ruskin College Oxford which i have still to finish fitting replacement Lazerglaze to as yet.

What are your ideas for your new project?

Cheers

Arnie

• Like 2

Afternoon,

A couple of new arrivals to Arnash this weekend, to bolster my more up to date fleet. They are WCRC's 47787 and 33029. Here's a pic of them on shed being checked over in readyness to start work, and also some other shots I was messing around with.

Cheers

Arnie

12136437565_dbdfe5d440.jpg

WCRC 47787 and 33029 Arnash Lane by Arnington, on Flickr

12141033173_066c80cf46.jpg

47349 and 09013 Arnash Lane by Arnington, on Flickr

12140899395_7b310f50c1.jpg

31147 Arnash Lane by Arnington, on Flickr

12140982415_aa0531b8ff.jpg

56126 And 45046 by Arnington, on Flickr

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 4

Hi Andy,

I'm into early 80's Post/Punk music mostly bands like The Cure, The Chameleons and Killing Joke. The bands i have played in lately mix a bit of those influences with the 90's shoegaze sound i.e lots of guitar effects which i love!

I do like 33035 in NSE livery i wish they had painted a few more 33's up in it. I made sure i pre ordered the Bachy NSE 47 as i though it may be a popular loco, keep an eye on Ebay though as i've seen a few on there. I also have the Vi Trains NSE 47587 Ruskin College Oxford which i have still to finish fitting replacement Lazerglaze to as yet.

What are your ideas for your new project?

Cheers

Arnie

Hi Arnie, not a clue as yet, I'm moving house in a few weeks and will have a Precast Concrete Garage to dismantle and install a 16 x 10 Shed, insulate, heat and light it. I want to do a nice big roundy roundy in there as I haven't done that for some time, but I have a whole load of Steam and green Sound Diesels to run on that as well.

I may do a smallish Engineers yard like Kingsmill but as a Micro Layout about 6 x 2 as I have a spare board that size. Legomanbiffo sounds are good and I will use them for the 33 and 50's etc.

All the best,

P.S. I see you've changed your Avatar, hahha

• Like 1

Hi Arnie,

I was only saying to Ian yesterday that I fancy a West Coast 33 for my layout. Both WC locos look good in the shed.

Hope to bump into you at Eastleigh at some point.. Might go Tuesday....

Cheers

Scott

I wish I was still down there, George T and used to enjoy an evening over there and at Maritime, Do the Freightliners still do the Crew Change there, and GBRF still park up in the loops?

Pretty much Andy, Theres normally a few GBRF 73's stabled there. Theres also a huge virtual Quarry by the station.  They are currently installing a new loop on the up line between Soton Parkway and Eastleigh too.  Theres always something going on.. 

Cheers

Scott

Pretty much Andy, Theres normally a few GBRF 73's stabled there. Theres also a huge virtual Quarry by the station.  They are currently installing a new loop on the up line between Soton Parkway and Eastleigh too.  Theres always something going on.. 

Cheers

Scott

That's it, like this pair from Dec 2006.

post-9335-0-26271700-1390766098_thumb.jpg

And 66 from Aug 2005

post-9335-0-48715800-1390766328_thumb.jpg

And Maritime Aug 2005.

post-9335-0-97972900-1390766459_thumb.jpg

I modeled my Virtual Quarry on my Kingsmill Layout (see below) on that at Eastleigh, they had just started using it before I left the area.

Andy.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 7