The Fall & Rise of the 60's ( was The End of the Tugs?)

An EWS liveried example just went past my house in Hereford with 6 BYAs and a telescopic hood type - I wasn't quick enough to get a number. First one I've seen down this way in a while though!

• RMweb Gold

An EWS liveried example just went past my house in Hereford with 6 BYAs and a telescopic hood type - I wasn't quick enough to get a number. First one I've seen down this way in a while though!

60049 on the Dee Marsh steel run (or more likely the return)

• Like 1

Was an EWS tug used on a railtour yesterday? I was sat on the bridge in Southampton Docks around 9 last night when an EWS liveried loco hauling a mix of MK1 and 2 coaches went thru. It definitely wasn't a 66 because of the straight yellow/gold stripe. The coaches looked to have been freshly painted in a version of blood and custard.

TIA

Pete

59203 after 70000 failed at Warminster. Rather drawn out affair including diverting FGW and SWT services via Yeovil, the 59 dragged the tour back to Westbury, then the water boiler removed and 59203 took the lead

There's a pic on here from a local photographer http://tomcurtisrail...ugust-2011.html

In other news - 60007 was reported on the Toton load bank yesterday. Hopefully the paintshop now beckons

jo

• Like 1

59203 after 70000 failed at Warminster. Rather drawn out affair including diverting FGW and SWT services via Yeovil, the 59 dragged the tour back to Westbury, then the water boiler removed and 59203 took the lead

There's a pic on here from a local photographer http://tomcurtisrail...ugust-2011.html

In other news - 60007 was reported on the Toton load bank yesterday. Hopefully the paintshop now beckons

jo

Thanks Jo, much appreciated. All i saw was the side of the loco as it went away from me.

Also spotted an EWS tug on tankers south of Washwood Heath from the M6 this afternoon. Judging from the faded lettering on the stripe it could have been 60010?

Pete

If 60007 makes the grade it looks like 60054 will follow in a month.

If UK Economy continues to flatline then perhaps more 60's will be refurbed than the initial 21

and then more 66's will go to Euroland if things pick up there.... trouble is 60's have a low top speed and are not popular on ECML/WCML etc..

My apologies for this bit of info being a week late. Last Wednesday evening, (the 18th) at around 6pm. I passed Kenfig Hill Industrial estate whilst on the M4. On the GWML, heading east was a 66 hauled Steel train with a EWS liveried 60 in the consist. Unfortunately the pair were to far away. So was unable to id them. Would anyone know what they were and where they were going? And what 60 has come down from Toton instead?

Many thanks Simon

60049 came and went from South Wales twice last week I believe. 60096 has been solid on the Murco tanks, and 60049 is the only other EWS 60 to have been in Wales lately.It's now been stored at Toton, leaving 096 on it's own at Margam. 60007 should be just about done now, hopefully it'll head this way!

HTH

jo

• RMweb Premium

60077 added to the overhaul program according to WNXX,60007s return is imminent!

The 60s are finally on the up again!

60007 is out and about, with a link to pictures - see other Rmweb topic

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/43966-class-60007-dbschenker-naming-ceremony-tomorrow-at-peak-forrest/page__view__findpost__p__480114

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

According to the lastest issue of the Railway Magazine,the Railway Heritage Committee have designated 60100 to the preserved as the last British built diesel locomotive of all time. Although 60100 would need a overhaul if it were to run again!

Excellent to see 60007 back in service although the livery is no where near as good as Loadhaul Black!

• Like 1