Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Look back at the end of the last page mate. :O

Oh you DID whilst I was writing this, heheee

Hee hee hee.

Andy - Trebudoc looks SUPERB. Should go down a treat at exhibitions.

Hope I'll get to have a play in the future.

And hope KL turns out half as good. Still haven't had chance to look at those Cobalt switches with all the posting. Anyone that's not a Lunester will think we are all crazy!

Jeff

Hi Pete, (Trisonic) Love that new Guitar Colour, is it Surf Green? (for thoses not in the know, early Fender Guitars of the 50's and 60's were painted using the same colours as most American Cars of the period, mainly from Dupont, so you had Surf Green, Daphne Blue, Coral Pink, Candy Apple Red, Fiesta Red as used by Hank Marvin and the Shadows, and many many more).

Sorry about the SAD history lesson on Guitars Jeff, hhahahaaaa

:sungum:  

Andy, About the only colour you didn't mention: SEA FOAM GREEN another DuPont Colour. It is a '58 replica Strat built by Fender's Custom Shop. Has very nice, big curly maple neck!

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 1

Jeff I agree with Andy on this one, it would look really good along the edge of the main board, I did a similar thing with the old Hornby switches many years ago and it felt like a PROPPER SIGNAL BOX.

There we go again, another spanner in the works, hahaheee

Daft Old Lune. :sungum:

7188288986_973e3643da.jpg
Long Marton Signal Box by Peach James, on Flickr

Even better- a proper signalbox :)

(of course, its enough to drive me mad at times !)

Modutrac out of Australia- it can drive torti/colbalt directly, but wiring does involve a bit of work.  (SPST switch only in my version).  Not a big issue, as mine are all driven through software, but it can be a bit frustrating.  I should get a video of the boys operating the box at some time. There was a nice photo of Daniel (the older boy) being signalman when he was ~4 or so.  He's about in proportion at that time to the levers.

James

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I've quite fancied the Modutrac frames with the proper mechanical interlocking, but can't justify the expense for a layout I don't have! There is also the kit frames (I can't remember who by mind!) which look a bit beyond my soldering at the minute. I think for a novice the Cobolt ones will do the job nicely (I'm sure we can get the physicist to do the relay logic to give electrical interlocking, we can even get him to add slide-bars so that the levers can be locked in the frame by relays too!).

I not that Jeff has now let it slip that there is a base involved now, so hopefully Sunday will be here quickly.. I expect at least one piccy by 9am Jeff!

Andy

(The track will now force me to do more to Highland Embankment now Jeff!)

I think I know what Jeff is planning for the Sunday Supprise Suppliment,

Scrol down

HEHEHE

It will be the start of his first adventure into O Gauge

The BIG FAT Lune strikes again :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Andy P - you must have secret spies inside the bunker. Yep, all the OO in the bin, O gauge going down so I can run my BWT when Kernow release it. No viaducts. East Anglian flat as flat. No grass either - it's modelled on a scene after a long, hot summer when the grass has died. So only burned earth!

You believe this? Wait and see!

Andy - you're going to have to wait. I've got the heater on in the bunker but it'll take me a fair amount of time to do what I'm going to do. Do not expect any major changes - there won't be any.... but it WILL be different.

James - the leavers look great. Something to consider in the future. I looked at the DCC Concepts advert for Cobalt. I'll have to look at the info sheet on their website to see what kind of switching they employ.

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Whilst he keeps us in the dark, let's all make some guesses. For starters:

He's gone a bit doolally, has moved the location to Appleby and is modelling Appleby Horse Fair?

Being a huge fan of Grease, he is depicting the scene where they race their cars down that horrible looking concrete river, and will have Grease Lightening playing on a constant loop, and operate the layout with his hair in a quiff and wearing a leather jacket?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Or has the talk of moorland and the resultant sheep got him on the boil?

Or worse still... has he made a Brunel timber viaduct and made the railway Great Western???

Andy

• RMweb Premium

:O  :no:  No - I've gone HO and I'm modelling the railways of South-East Asia and the Mekong Delta!!  :no:  :O

Almost time to go into the bunker. I'm almost willing to bet that someone will look at the photos and think nothing has changed!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff

Lunesdale on BBC NEWS this morning covered in snow....

Jeff I agree with Andy on this one, it would look really good along the edge of the main board, I did a similar thing with the old Hornby switches many years ago and it felt like a PROPPER SIGNAL BOX.

Even better- a proper signalbox

(of course, its enough to drive me mad at times !)

Modutrac out of Australia- it can drive torti/colbalt directly, but wiring does involve a bit of work.  (SPST switch only in my version).  Not a big issue, as mine are all driven through software, but it can be a bit frustrating.  I should get a video of the boys operating the box at some time. There was a nice photo of Daniel (the older boy) being signalman when he was ~4 or so.  He's about in proportion at that time to the levers.

James

I agree, the levers look really good.  The only problem is, they're a bit over scale - should be 4mm with 4mm hands to operate them.  :mosking:

Just jealous - Ray's been looking at the Cobalt S levers, a bit pricy but they look the part.  He's been trying to find the manual before making a decision but it doesn't seem to be available on the DCC Concepts website.  (Has anyone tried these out?)

Or has the talk of moorland and the resultant sheep got him on the boil?

Or worse still... has he made a Brunel timber viaduct and made the railway Great Western???

Andy

Having a go at God's Wonderful Railway,again , I see....tongue_smiley11.gif Ooohhh, I do love an excuse to use these smileys.

Polly 

Cheeky Apprentice Lunester happy-smiley11.gif

• RMweb Premium

I was a bit surprised that the new levers weren't on the website. But I think they will be suitable for most things.

I see Jeff is going to be spending lots of Dough with them too, now that they have proper MR oil lamps too!

With regards to the Great Way Round, I loved the re-tourte directed at the LNWR: Long Narrow Waste of Rails!

Hopefully the photos will reveal all, well not the much!

Andy

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hello folks!!

Quick visit - very busy in the bunker. Some things are working well, others not. But I wish I'd changed the blade in my jigsaw 2 days ago! I got a couple of new ones - what a difference.

Very useful for laying G gauge trackbeds in the garden. Snow is a hindrance though. And all those electric shocks I'm getting. Ouch! Wearing my rubber gloves now!

Will read all the dozens of posts later.....

:jester: Jeff  :jester:

He's gone a bit doolally, has moved the location to Appleby and is modelling Appleby Horse Fair?

Perhaps, there is a Tesco's involved then?  Or has that horse gone through the gate?  I hear that the woman who got sick after eating Tesco's burgers is in stable condition...

James

• RMweb Premium

Well Peter, it WOODnt be me if it didn't involve using wood. I'm currently using the stuff I've had in stock since last summer, so it hasn't cost me a penny extra - 'til next week's re-stock is delivered!!

Ok, phase 1 completed. Which is code to say I've done 6 hours, I'm knackered and I've had enough for the mo. As I say, don't expect anything dramatic - or you'll be disappointed. 

Maybe I'll post a "before" and "after" photo to start with and you lot can spot as many differences (IF there ARE any!!) as you can. Have you ever considered that this is just a big wind-up. I bet Jason has - he's very perceptive!

Just going to download today's pics and see if they're any good...

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Wind up. Ah! Clockwork!!!  [Edit - Jeff's found my childhood loco !?!?!]
With that viaduct and mountainous landscape in progress, I tell you, its The Merioneth and Llantisilly Rail Traction Company Limited in the top left-hand corner of Wales.

Polly
Apprentice Lune Dragon

Edited by southern42
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Wind up. Ah! Clockwork!!! 

With that viaduct and mountainous landscape in progress, I tell you, its The Merioneth and Llantisilly Rail Traction Company Limited in the top left-hand corner of Wales.

Polly

Apprentice Lune Dragon

Yes Polly. I thought I'd go beyond DCC - and it saves on the wiring!

I made a very interesting discovery re. the hills (that I will eventually build) on  KL. But I can't comment 'til tomorrow! Lol.

With over 50 posts on KL I'd say you are a fully-vested Lunester, Polly!

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yes Polly. I thought I'd go beyond DCC - and it saves on the wiring!

I made a very interesting discovery re. the hills (that I will eventually build) on  KL. But I can't comment 'til tomorrow! Lol.

With over 50 posts on KL I'd say you are a fully-vested Lunester, Polly!

Jeff

I'm truly honoured, your most graciousness, Lordship Lune.  Do I get to come to the Luney Investiture?  I don't have a vest but I do have a Marvin-I'm-depressed t-shirt in a lovely shade of lavender to blend in with your hills and dales.

Vested Lunester with long winter sleeves.

• RMweb Premium

Whilst you've been busy doing whatever it is that you are doing Jeff, I've been 'guest' operator on Andy C's New Hey at the Southampton exhibition for an hour; fantastic fun :)

• Like 1