Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Evening Andy.

I'll see what I can come up with. I think there's at least one B1 scheduled tomorrow, so that'll be good.

Hope to have a bit more bridge-work finished by tomorrow evening, so I'll see if there's anything worth posting in that.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Evening folks. A good day at the NYMR. A couple of lovely B1s and a smattering of Black 5s, K1 and the like.

Couple of pics, just to liven the thread up - I'll post one or two other items of interest in the Lounge.

B1 "Impala" .... 61002:

post-13778-0-47857000-1367684707_thumb.jpg

And a southern S15 (a NYMR resident) for Polly:

post-13778-0-42035800-1367684864_thumb.jpg

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

I suppose the biggest "catch" of the day, as far as I am concerned, was finding a copy of the First Edition of "Rails in the Fells" by David Jenkinson (1973) - and in mint condition, too.

I already had a copy of the Revised second edition (1980), but there are significant differences - worth exploring.

Anyway, off into the garden to sand down some of the filler I applied to the branch bridge last night...

Jeff

How many b1s?

post-16610-0-14961500-1367698594_thumb.jpg

can you spot the difference?

post-16610-0-45373800-1367698727_thumb.jpg

or even?

post-16610-0-65188200-1367699101_thumb.jpg

unfortunately no prizes for the correct answer

and what was our mutual friend doing while I was taking the pics?

Admiring the local flora????...

post-16610-0-19161100-1367699461_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Howard - behave yourself! We don't want a repeat of "Mankinigate"!!

Well - anyone like to comment on the THREE (ha ha) B1s.... no prizes for the correct solution?

Mayflower was resplendent - almost like a freshly made engine.

Ok, I'm off to the kitchen to the modelling grind of rubbing down filler....

Jeff

Hi Jeff, more great pics and ideas for a little person along side the tracks on my next layout, :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  hahhahhahaaaa

Bodgit, NOT TAKING THE *ISS :O              hahhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :no:

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff, more great pics and ideas for a little person along side the tracks on my next layout, :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  hahhahhahaaaa

Bodgit, NOT TAKING THE *ISS :O              hahhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :no:

What's the International Space Station got to do with layouts!!? Lol....  :O  :no:

Honestly, I was examining the foxglove that was growing next to the tree!!!!  :angel:

Jeff

What's the International Space Station got to do with layouts!!? Lol....  :O  :no:

Honestly, I was examining the foxglove that was growing next to the tree!!!!  :angel:

Jeff

You mean you have an EYE down there as well????????????????????????

• RMweb Premium

You mean you have an EYE down there as well????????????????????????

Lol!!!! Snakes and one-eye springs to mind!!  :O

At that point I'm off to bed. Hopefully more fun and jollity tomorrow.....

ANYONE got the B1 riddle answer?

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Lol!!!! Snakes and one-eye springs to mind!!  :O

At that point I'm off to bed. Hopefully more fun and jollity tomorrow.....

ANYONE got the B1 riddle answer?

Jeff

Something to do with Mayflower not being dual braked???

Andy G

• RMweb Premium

Something to do with Mayflower not being dual braked???

Andy G

That may be true...but remember, there are only two (hint) preserved B1s.....

Hope to make some modelling progress later. However, with such nice weather - makes a change - the garden calls!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the NYMR B1 pics Jeff.

Rob

You're welcome Rob. and they tie-in with the photos of your models. A very nice loco. Since I've a Hornby and Bachmann model I'll find a reason for them to stray onto KL!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

IVE GOT THE ANSWER,

There all different NUMBERS,

Dhoooooooooo :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

B1 stands for Bodgit the first, hhahahaaa :sungum:

Morning Andy.....

61002.....61264.....61306.... Oh yes, different numbers..... hadn't noticed that!  :no: Lol.....

3 numbers and 2 locos....

Anyway, time for exercise.

Jeff

Thanks for the NYMR B1 pics Jeff.

Rob

here are some more of my B1 photos....Howard

post-16610-0-20304700-1367753252_thumb.jpg

post-16610-0-83250100-1367753295_thumb.jpgpost-16610-0-77187200-1367753432_thumb.jpg

Do you know whether  61002 IMPALA was ever shedded at Thornaby? (51L shed plate)

post-16610-0-52744000-1367753850_thumb.jpg

Howard

• RMweb Gold

NYMR 40th Anniversary Spring Steam Gala .......... 61264 masquerading as 61002

As I have followed the thread from the beginning ... and .... I also live in Derbyshire.... and ...I have now finally posted... does this mean I could be Bogit the first and a gnat's wotsit?   :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Chris

And no...I am not actually very knowledgeable ...... but I can use the internet!    :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Hi Chris,

Welcome along to the murky world of KL and the Lunesters. Please join in - we are always keen to have plenty of input!

As for Bodgit. There is only one Bodgit the First. But as a Derbyshire lad, you could always become Bodgit II !!

Knowledgeable .... umm..... you don't have to be that to be on here. I've learned so much in the last year or so. With so many contributions from so many people it's hard not to!

Congrats on spotting that 61002 and 61264 are, in fact, the same loco.

Cheers,

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

Jeff

Thanks for the welcome .. and I realise that as far as being a Bodgit goes I am a mere five hundred or so posts short.  :O

Oh well, I have made a start   :scratchhead:

Jeff

Thanks for the welcome .. and I realise that as far as being a Bodgit goes I am a mere five hundred or so posts short.  :O

Oh well, I have made a start   :scratchhead:

Hi Chris, and you are probably 20 years to young to be a PROPPER Bodgit, hahahhheheee.

Here we go again, knock the Bodgit week, I have found a new use for my mobile phone this week, :O 

You can speak to other people on it :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

By By Bodgit2

THE ONE AND ONLY Bodgit :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

According to my calculations that would make you around 80 years old then .......I have to say you are looking well for an octogenarian  :sungum:

But I do agree ..... there is only one Bodgit    :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Excellent! Another convert to the fold! Now Chris, you are welcome to be an "active lurker" just watching the "progress". Or you can join the ranks of active Lunesters who seem to have a go at just about anything.

I'm sure you are acquainted with Andy's array of layouts. Do have a look at Bacup, Hemyock, Stockrington, Sheddington, Stockton St Johns..... anything with a "Lunester" tag.

I've cleaned up the bridge fascias. I'm about to "cut" the arch rings, then the front and back bits can be stuck together.

Sometime this week I'm going to have to make a jig to manufacture stones for the aqueduct walling. At the moment I'm looking forward to the challenge. I probably won't be saying that after "laying" thousands of the bl**dy things!!

Jeff

Hi Jeff that is fantastic, just like George and Jason, it is so neat, and not a drop of HOT GLUE GUN to be seen. :O

I must be doing something wrong. :ireful: :ireful: :ireful: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout:

Bodgit