Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

No Kadee couplers or shunting here, except the removal of the 4MT pusher at the top of the hill...   and proper S&C skies too.  For those who think there is too much drama for what looks like about 13-total, I have an alternative view where the Scot is relaxing a bit, letting the Standard 75000 class at the rear do all the work, with the lead engine diagrammed for the whole journey to Crewe or Glasgow or wherever... but I have put that in the Lounge to avoid reprimand for excessive picturing here.

post-7929-0-52242200-1379205724.jpg

• Like 3

I thought Yorkshire was all dark satanic mills anyway.  A neighbour of mine, lovely man, in his 60s was a motor mechanic from Bradford, and when he was retired and I was building lots of car engines, he gave me his ball peen 14oz hammer, beautiful it was..     but the thread drift police will get me.

They used to have a lot of dark, satanic coal mines too Rob. Not to mention some of the ladies who worked in the fish docks! They made Nora Batty look like your fairy godmother!

Bill :no: :no: :no:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning Bill, can you get a model of her in OO? :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Bodgit :sungum:

Heaven forbid!!

Mind you, Nora could join Comical and Mankini in their adventures. Maybe the beginning of a comedy series along the lines of "Last of the Sour Wine"!!

Anyway Andy - why are you posting at 4.30am?  :O

Jeff

Heaven forbid!!

Mind you, Nora could join Comical and Mankini in their adventures. Maybe the beginning of a comedy series along the lines of "Last of the Sour Wine"!!

Jeff

See the Lounge for full details, hhahahhahahha

GROGGY BODGY :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

See the Lounge for full details, hhahahhahahha

GROGGY BODGY :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :sungum:

Got you.... Nightmare - sounds like fun to me!

And Scott - I KNEW my post would attract your attention. and yes, the mind BOGGLES..... Especially with Nora's stockings. Yuk!

Right - off to mix a bit of plaster. Playing trains with a visitor or two this afternoon, then some walling to do. After a "day off" yesterday, I feel guilty!

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I think the real worry would be Nora in a Mankini....

fishwife02_large.jpg            +                  Novelty-Adult-Borat-Mankini_L.png    =   ???????????????

Well, here is a Fish-wife

and this one for Bay-cup

There is a lace maker as well but I am not sure who would want/need her

Edited by ChrisN

Morning Bill, can you get a model of her in OO? :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Hi Jeff (and Andy if you're still awake!)

I'm trying to find Compo, Clegg and Foggy for Slitheroe (visiting from nearby Holmfirth), so Nora would make a great addition! After all they did get to the NYMR. No reason why they couldn't turn up at KL for that matter! Just thinking about Nora versus Mankini Man makes me shudder!!!

Regards

Bill

I'm trying to find Compo, Clegg and Foggy for Slitheroe (visiting from nearby Holmfirth), so Nora would make a great addition! After all they did get to the NYMR. No reason why they couldn't turn up at KL for that matter! Just thinking about Nora versus Mankini Man makes me shudder!!!

Regards

Bill

Love it Bill, Brilliant mate. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:            :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

• RMweb Gold

Regards

Bill

Bill,

Monty's Models has several people in flat caps but not sure there is a Cmpo or Nora Batty though.  They do have Granny Dryden if she is any use.

• Like 1

Hi Chris

Monty's Models is usually my first port of call. Excellent stuff. I've just been rooting through the ones I have (more than I'll ever need) and I'll head over to the website shortly. Thanks!

Andy

Re your earlier post, one of the buildings I'm working on is an old forge which is being used as a motorcycle repair shop, in honour of one of my old mates Rod Lovelock who owned such a place before he moved to Australia. Sad to say, Rod passed away recently so I hope it will be a fitting tribute. Hopefully I can include a Vincent Black Shadow which was his favorite bike. In fact, he used to claim he loved it more than his missus! :no: :yes:

Bill

Edited by Mythocentric
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Larry will have a seizure if he looks at the last page or so of this thread - he's not too keen on "thread drift"....

As for me - well, thanks lads for keeping me royally entertained. The standard of humour on here is being "maintained"!!!!!

Btw, Scott has emailed me a very interesting 48 minute documentary - I think it was made in the 60s - about the S&C. I've asked him to post it on here. If he does, watch it - it is very interesting, evocative and from another era and way of life (which could, in many ways, be so much better than today).

Jeff

Larry will have a seizure if he looks at the last page or so of this thread - he's not too keen on "thread drift"....

As for me - well, thanks lads for keeping me royally entertained. The standard of humour on here is being "maintained"!!!!!

Btw, Scott has emailed me a very interesting 48 minute documentary - I think it was made in the 60s - about the S&C. I've asked him to post it on here. If he does, watch it - it is very interesting, evocative and from another era and way of life (which could, in many ways, be so much better than today).

Jeff

Hi Jeff

What was it about your post made me think of Moody Blues 'Driftwood'.

I hope you've been keeping your visitors suitably entertained with heavy traffic on KL or did you lure them into the joys of drystone wall building?

Looking forward to the documentary. The more info the better I say!

Bill

Edited by Mythocentric
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff

What was it about your post made me think of Moody Blues 'Driftwood'.

I hope you've been keeping your visitors suitably entertained with heavy traffic on KL or did you lure them into the joys of drystone wall building?

Looking forward to the documentary. The more info the better I say!

Bill

Hi Bill.

One of my visitors is a keen Deltic fan and brought me a batch of photos from yesterdays Diesle Gala at the NYMR. I was going to attend, but walking came first. Plenty of Deltic pics, so we ran my Deltic D9017 and 2 class 37s around KL. A bit of 4F shunting too!

I've just managed an hour of walling, but that's enough for now. After 40+ hours of building the damned things it gets a bit wearing. If I can come up with some suitable barn dimensions - I'll make measurements from photos - I quite fancy doing a bit of construction work this week. Never scribed DAS - good job it's stonework as 4mm scale brickwork would be too fine.

As for the vid - hope Scott reads my message and posts it.

Moody Blues - used to play a lot of their stuff....

Jeff

Heaven forbid!!

Jeff

Make a nice scene in KL a coach trip with all these folk arriving to do some train spotting

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Bill.

One of my visitors is a keen Deltic fan and brought me a batch of photos from yesterdays Diesle Gala at the NYMR. I was going to attend, but walking came first. Plenty of Deltic pics, so we ran my Deltic D9017 and 2 class 37s around KL. A bit of 4F shunting too!

I've just managed an hour of walling, but that's enough for now. After 40+ hours of building the damned things it gets a bit wearing. If I can come up with some suitable barn dimensions - I'll make measurements from photos - I quite fancy doing a bit of construction work this week. Never scribed DAS - good job it's stonework as 4mm scale brickwork would be too fine.

As for the vid - hope Scott reads my message and posts it.

Moody Blues - used to play a lot of their stuff....

Jeff

Me too.  Still love it. 

Now, what you need is a group of teenagers on the platform listening to one of their transistor radios (sound chip under the platform?).  I remember an outing on the up platform for Paddington with my youth club friends and all of us joining in with "Anyone who had a heart" (Cilla Black), continuing while we got onto the local DMU.  Don't know what the passengers thought.... but I think we toned it down for them...  :music:

So, what could you concoct for KL?  Radio Luxembourg? Radio Caroline?  Tony Blackburn?

What music would be playing?

Pollyphonic

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Jeff Old Boy, Have you seen Hornby Mag this Month, October issue No 76? :O

6, YES SIX pages of Nigel Burkin describing Kadee's to the full, well worth a read for future consideration.

Evening Andy, Old Boy.... jolly good of you to point that out!! Spiffing!

Actually, it was Nigel's article that prompted me to start the discussion. I think he's going to do another 3 articles over the coming months.

Andy - once I buy the track (yes, I've run out of SMP and relevant turnouts) - when the goods yard area is fitted shunting will be a MUST. Jason warned me I'd get addicted and I suspect he's correct. At that point (maybe around Christmas time) Kadees will be on the agenda.

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Me too.  Still love it. 

Now, what you need is a group of teenagers on the platform listening to one of their transistor radios (sound chip under the platform?).  I remember an outing on the up platform for Paddington with my youth club friends and all of us joining in with "Anyone who had a heart" (Cilla Black), continuing while we got onto the local DMU.  Don't know what the passengers thought.... but I think we toned it down for them...  :music:

So, what could you concoct for KL?  Radio Luxembourg? Radio Caroline?  Tony Blackburn?

What music would be playing?

Pollyphonic

I was singing Anyone Who had a Heart just the other day after I got an email from Amazon informing me of Cilla's "new" album....50th (!!!!!) anniversary collection. Great song.

Now - Radio 1 dates from 1967, Luxembourg a little earlier but KL could be from, say, 1958 - 1968. So - the BBC Light Programme? Hardly music for teenagers!

I also can't see hordes of teenagers frequenting remote KL!!

We'd better be careful or we'll drown in nostalgia...

Jeff

Jeff Old Boy, Have you seen Hornby Mag this Month, October issue No 76? :O

6, YES SIX pages of Nigel Burkin describing Kadee's to the full, well worth a read for future consideration.

Well done that man! :thankyou: I've been thinking about using Dingham's but the thought of soldering all those tiny bits together is a definite no-no! Well worth a trip into town to pick up a copy!

Jeff

Deltics! Lovely machines! First one I ever saw was 55015 TULYAR at Leeds. After that I was smitten and practically lived at Donny and York seeking them out. Definitely honorary steam locos!

I know exactly how you feel. Just now I'm building or painting a cart shed, forge, wooden office (for previous!), cottage, porters accomodation for the station, fuel storage tank and a girder bridge, all at the same time! I'm seriously thinking about trying some walling just for some light relief! :drag: :O

Bill

Edit: Found a potential Nora Batty! Monty's Models Farmers Wife from Dart Castings! Lovely Jubbly!

Edited by Mythocentric
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Another one for the Moody Blues here. Why do people get obseesed with thread drift this is a real conversation here just as if we were all in Jeff's bunker btw two sugars for me Jeff.

Don

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Another one for the Moody Blues here. Why do people get obseesed with thread drift this is a real conversation here just as if we were all in Jeff's bunker btw two sugars for me Jeff.

Don

Well said Don...all of it.

The Tide Rushes In, Ride my See-Saw, A Simple Game, Melancholy Man..... great music, and there's tons more like that. 

But you'll have to cut down on the sugar - bad for the teeth, and the figure!

What was that I was saying about nostalgia? But then isn't railway modelling, by itself, some form of nostalgia for many of us?

Btw...."I think I am, I think..." "Of course you are my bright little star...."

Now if you don't know the Moody Blues, EGBDF etc you'll wonder what the hell I'm going on about. I wonder if the Baron is a fan?

Jeff

• Like 1