Railtec Models

Hearts1874

• 11 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Ordered some transfers from Railtec at 1615 Monday. Arrived First Class post Tuesday.

First time I've used them. Great service and quality to match.

Cheers,

Mick

I have ordered items from railtech and have always had a first class service. I was lucky enough to be on a course with the chap , Steve

Last year and he is a rearly great guy and very keen to give fantastic service and great products.

• 4 months later...

I have been nudging Steven for a while for some 16 ton mineral transfers, he's come up with the goods, top man.

http://www.railtec-models.com/catalog.php?search_str=%236116%3A+16t+mineral+pack+incl+industrial+markings+[4mm]

No connection etc etc.

Mike.

You could always do the research for him; I need to do some 21-tonner transfers to cover the welded-body 21t unfitted minerals, both those built new with welded-bodies, and those rebuilt with two doors per side on a variety of 12' chassis. I've done about twenty of these, using either Parkside rivetted bodies (with the the thin uprights and top rim removed and replaced) or Chivers' Finelines (with the 'London Merchants' Doors removed, and the top edge built up where they used to be).

Between all the wagon books, and the redoubtable Paul Bartlett's site, I can find the variety I need; Railtec have sent me a master of the 'box' surround for the number, which I'll get Lynne to edit to give 2 x 22 number panels. I'll then fill these in with a selection of numbers, tares, and either 'Coal 21' or 'MDO' lettering. What I'm hoping to do is to do a sheet of numbers, with a paper copy citing references for images, and types of brake gear fitted (the rebuilds had at least three). I'll post my progress on here. 

I hadn't been aware of the range until yesterday, like what I saw on the site and placed an order. I must have been lucky with the post, because the transfers are now in my posession and look very good. Sub-24 hours order to delivery: that's difficult to beat in terms of service.

Adam

Hi Gang;

Been dealing with Steve for a while now and his service is always superb.  He has helped me out considerably with some bespoke decals previously...and I am hoping he is working on my latest request!!!

Later;

STU from EGDL

• 11 months later...

Hi Gang,

Just wanted to say that I have been having an email exchange today reference some 2mm FGW power car numbers and within a few hours, the sheet has been designed and made available on the website. Contains enough decals for a dozen power cars and a few sets of coaching stock including some of the micro buffet conversions.....

http://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=1489

Well done to Steve from a very grateful customer for facilitating my needs....

Regards,

Stu in LCRA.

• 1 month later...

Ordered a set of the HST measurement train a while ago came the next day!

Steve is sorting out a shopping list of transfers for me and cant wait to get them!

Also of note if anyone is interested in the real deal, he has a contact at freightliner basford hall who sorts out visits to the yard it costs ten pound per person and all the money raised on the visits go to charity.

Went today and was well worth the visit and money paid! All in all caught 37 different locos!

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Did you apply them on a base of gloss varnish ?

I'm not sure about these but normal decals from, say, fox I apply on a base of gloss varnish and then Matt varnish over the top, gets rid of the film

Hi

Yes these are just the same and I had no problem getting rid of the carrier film on the ones I have used using the same method as above.

Cheers

Paul

Archived