Black Country Blues

Indomitable026

Oh yeah, very funny. :P

In a similar vein the BCB crew started a new concept in model creation on the back of a Friday night beer order; "design drunk", someone starts and passes it on to the next player who adds a bit. I think it was supposed to be a Sentinel but I can see the hand of Spams influence in there and Johnny Gringo in the tunnel.

design_drunk.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Oh yeah, very funny. :P

In a similar vein the BCB crew started a new concept in model creation on the back of a Friday night beer order; "design drunk", someone starts and passes it on to the next player who adds a bit. I think it was supposed to be a Sentinel but I can see the hand of Spams influence in there and Johnny Gringo in the tunnel.

attachicon.gifdesign_drunk.jpg

Is the cowcatcher on the back for the cows to throw themselves on when they catch up with it?

I think a big well done to everyone involved is in order, you should all be very proud of what has been achieved.I spent more time looking at BCB than any other layout at Doncaster.The layout has so much character about it, the elevated line, with its simplicity  and the sense of space make it all particularly appealing to the eye.

Shame about your running problems, but I'm sure there will be lots of fun trouble free times to look forward to in the months and years ahead.

David 

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Just remembered a conversation that I overheard around the front of the layout from a small child talking to his dad. (Not very PC but all very innocent...)

Small Child - "Dad, they're not black"

Dad - "Who?"

Small Child - "The people on the layout"

Dad - "What, oh, ah, I see - no son, the Black Country is an area of the country"

Small Child - "So why is it called that?"

Dad - "Well, a long time ago it was a very dirty place with lots of smoke from factories"

Small Child - "So were the people dirty too?"

Dad quickly changed subject by pointing out a moving train!

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Is there a list anywhere of the shows this will be attending so I can come and have a butchers.I know its at Ally Pally next month but where else.

There's an exhibition list for all our layouts linked from my signature Rob.

Are you thinking of bringing along some WR locos for the scrap road??

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

There's an exhibition list for all our layouts linked from my signature Rob.

Are you thinking of bringing along some WR locos for the scrap road??

Thanks Chris .I just wanted to sample those nice looking Devon scones I saw. ;) Being EM your'e safe from any doppelgangers I might bring.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Chris .I just wanted to sample those nice looking Devon scones I saw. ;) Being EM your'e safe from any doppelgangers I might bring.

More seriously Rob, I've no real idea what we're going to do with BCB expo wise in 2014 onwards. The problem that gets worse with every layout the team builds, is that many of us only have the time to exhibit at 5 or so shows a year. It will therefore be a balancing act to manage the exposure of each layout and the availability of folk to take them to shows. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Oi!!

Them were Cornish scones, with Cornish Clotted Cream and Cornish Strawberry Jam.

From Cornwall.

• Like 4