RMweb Newsletter

Hi,

I am sort of new and just looked at "Modelling inspiration #3" but can't figure out how to sign up for it. The form wants me to enter a "Subscriber Number" or a "Account Number".

I have no idea what this is. Well it took me without any numbers.

I guess that means I will get new issues sent direct? I have really enjoyed this issue and found several things I might try and use on a layout plan I am working on.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

So's everyone else; an IT resource issue has delayed the first one.

You would have got a job working for INTERCITY East Coast Andy...... :sarcastichand:

They used some excuses for delays caused by the static convertors on the Mark 4s but That one wasn't on the delay attribution excuse list ...... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Did this ever happen......just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

Oh and did the "file transfer" complete? Was this a database conversion? Out of curiosity what dbms are you using? (Purely professional I work as a web system administrator and MS SQL dba.)

The plan is to send out the first newsletter early(ish) September and give the newsletter subscribers access to MI5 ahead of general release.

Transfers are now believed to be completed but I'll be testing from late tomorrow before switchover happens. For Ken, it's mysql and no conversion is involved; it's purely a server transfer.

Thanks Andy.

I hope it is the change in database servers that is giving RMWEB a perkier than lately performance tonight-today to you. But then it is 6 AM in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

The first newsletter will be coming out around 10th September; timed to give newsletter subscribers first access to the online MI before general availability.

If you want it early can you please sign up sooner rather than last minute?

• 2 weeks later...

I have snaffled a decent prize for the competition in the newsletter, an NRM Special Edition 'Duchess of Hamilton'.

Duchess_newsletter.jpg

If you want to be able to enter can you please register for the newsletter here - http://rmweb.model-railways-live.co.uk/ - by the weekend to ensure your name's on the list when the newsletter goes out.

The newsletter will give you the following:

• Early access to MI through a new interface which I'll welcome your comments on.
  • Latest product news
  • See who's been chosen as 'Layout of the month' and see who's been chosen as the 'Workbench of the month.
  • A video on the Black Country Blues team
  • The opportunity to win that Duchess.

I hope the comp isn't a 'first past the post' one... some of us have real jobs... :gamer:

Nope, it'll be selected at random from the correct entries.

Mind you my questions do normally involve a bit of thought or research; it's not ITV you know.

I have snaffled a decent prize for the competition in the newsletter, an NRM Special Edition 'Duchess of Hamilton'.

Please Mr York Sir can we have a GW loco next time :rolleyes_mini:

Seriously Andy a nice prize, keep the good work up.

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Just signed up for the news letter - surprisingly easy for a technophobe like me. I think I will be entering the competition - I rather like the streamlined Duchesses despite the fact that, from the side, they look like an upturned bathtub.

Jerry

Just signed up for the news letter - surprisingly easy for a technophobe like me. I think I will be entering the competition - I rather like the streamlined Duchesses despite the fact that, from the side, they look like an upturned bathtub.

Me too. That engine won't convert well to 2FS though.

• RMweb Gold

Us 'erabouts in Swagonia are suffering from a little confusement (permanently in my case) I and nameless others :wink_mini: have signed up to the 'Newsletter'. I've received three confirmational e-mails from MR-Live but on attempting to log-in I'm asked for a member number which I don't have. Am I thinking about the same thing?

post-6728-0-37707100-1346864192.gif

Us 'erabouts in Swagonia are suffering from a little confusement (permanently in my case) I and nameless others :wink_mini: have signed up to the 'Newsletter'. I've received three confirmational e-mails from MR-Live but on attempting to log-in I'm asked for a member number which I don't have. Am I thinking about the same thing?

post-6728-0-37707100-1346864192.gif

John,

THREE e-mails I've not had one.

They must be working from South to North and got held up at New Street.

Archived