30 tins of Tomatoes post-1-0-93405400-1340990808.jpg

20 tins Black Eyed Beans post-1-0-93405400-1340990808.jpg

24 tins Baked Beans post-1-0-93405400-1340990808.jpg

0.5kg of Chillis (inc Scotch Bonnet) post-1-0-93405400-1340990808.jpg

Garlic post-1-0-93405400-1340990808.jpg

6 jars Jalapenos post-1-0-93405400-1340990808.jpg

2kg sliced onions post-1-0-93405400-1340990808.jpg

4kg of Cheddar post-1-0-93405400-1340990808.jpg

OK, so thats the SWAG contingent vittled up, whats every one else having?

• RMweb Premium

I should hopefully be able to make it although I do have a bit of an odd question: I will have my mountain bike in the car and it is worth a fair bit, is it a safe area to leave a car with a few thousand pounds worth of bike sat in it?

It is a long time since I have been to Stafford; my brother and a mate lived there for a few years (Doxey?) and I have been drunk and disorderly in the fair town on numerous occasions. There is a girl who lives there that I really REALLY hope I don't bump into :)

• RMweb Gold

Hmm I shall be missing the members day this year for the first time as I have been to them all so far, including the first one near Derby. This years day unfortunately clashes with the Hornby Magazine Live event in Hartlepool where having built a layout in a weekend at last years show we are exhibiting as a finished operating layout this time.

Andy will have to look after the marking of the floor for the exhibits himself this year and I bet he uses something more visible than the chalked string from last year!

Erm excuse me mate I will be there again and we have a sneaky plan. We are not having to remove 4000 chairs to start with! If a few of the tables are not quite square and in line with the others folk won't notice because they will be complaining about the music. :sungum:

Enjoy Hartlepool Muz.

Regards Chris

There is a girl who lives there that I really REALLY hope I don't bump into :)

The town's full of 'em. ;)

Yes; it's a reasonable area, I wouldn't foresee a problem.

Looks like I'll be making it across from the Welsh coast again, looking forward to it. Last year I dragged along three guests - is it ok again this year?

If you are after cake donations I'll try and remember to pick up a couple of Bara Brith which might help neutralise some of the after effects of chilli...

Whilst appreciating that many members do have valid reasons for being elsewhere on the day I'd like to reinforce that this is an excellent day out for modellers and as ever there's some really good content that's under the radar of other events. Do make the effort to come along if Stafford is accessible for you on the day. Aside from any transport costs it's one of the best value days out on the calendar.

I'm sure you can twist his arm. ;) I could do with a smile on the day.

The final countdown begins with the dining room looking like an aid agency's warehouse and the Floorplan juggled for the 6th time. :)

• RMweb Gold

I will be there early to give help and assistance wherever it's required.

I have promised Gareth from Trains4u help to set up his stall, but will be available as a general dogs body after that.

Cheers

Ian

Guest Tom F

I read earlier comments regarding cakes....would you like me to bring some homemade flap jack?

Tim can vouch that they aren't bad. They were his main energy source when he was wiring Leaman Road! :mosking:

Guest Tom F

What a daft question Tom; of course it would be warmly welcomed. :)

Righto! Well seen as they will be very much welcome, I'll stick some Jam Tarts into that order too ! :yes:

• RMweb Gold

For anyone curious about where they'll be on the day here's the (latest) floorplan. Exhibitors, please do check on arrival that I haven't amended it before you set up camp. :)

Floorplan 2012.pdf

Cheers Andy - Nice to see you have put us half way to the bar!

Phil

Archived