Members Day 2012

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Anybody travelling from the North on the 05.50 off Glasgow to Crewe? I'm booked on that one from Lancaster, and perhaps we could meet up on the train for a coffee and a chat?

Also, I am still using a walking stick on bad days, and might need to scrounge a lift to the station after the do (I'm booked on the 16.35 off Stafford) if anybody could be so kind? Thanks..

Also, I am still using a walking stick on bad days, and might need to scrounge a lift to the station after the do (I'm booked on the 16.35 off Stafford) if anybody could be so kind? Thanks..

We'll make sure you get looked after on that one Stewart.

• RMweb Premium

We'll make sure you get looked after on that one Stewart.

Thanks Andy - I can probably make it from the bus stop to the venue in the morning, but after a busy day where I'm on my feet a lot, I still get very tired.

Just to underline what Andy Y and others have said, this is a fabulous day out. It's a real chance to get up close and personal with some of the awesome work on this forum in a way that's not always possible at an exhibition. Last year Tim very kindly let me examine his Stanier Mogul, which was worth the journey alone. That, coupled with the catering and the great atmosphere, I would urge anyone who is undecided to make the effort to attend if at all possible. You won't be disappointed.

Unfortunately, I can't make it this year. Foolishly, I signed up for a 5 week Bootcamp at my gym (don't ask) and then I'll be venturing towards SWAG territory for a 40th birthday later.

Looking forward to seeing all the pictures and I'll make sure to block out next year's date as soon as it's available.

Andy

• RMweb Gold

Ill try to bring a bottle of Hendersons too make any food taste great :)

http://www.hendersonsrelish.com/

only available round Sheffield unless you go to Fultons :)

Make sure you pick it up from Bramall Lane, tastes a lot better with red and white stripes on the label, mine does :locomotive:

• RMweb Premium

45156, I will be driving past Lancaster on the way back (travelling up from Oxford in the morning) so if you want a lift back up country, no problems.

Sounds like its going to be a good day have to sneak off early from chasewater

Edit due to auto spell on my phone

• RMweb Gold

Just going through and fettling the loco fleet for Saturday made me think I have quite a bit of the u shaped blue foam strip that makes excellent loco storage cradles in the Really Useful storage boxes.

If anyone is in need drop me a PM and I'll put a few lengths in.

Phil

Hi Andy,

I'm going to make it this year :sungum: , decided to give Superbikes a miss at Oulton Park cos of the weather....so really looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Is it ok if I bring a non member along......what is the price for non member admission...and dont say "bring cake".

Bob.

...what is the price for non member admission...and dont say "bring cake".

Its actually beer and cake, no need to bother Andy with it though, he'll be busy enough as it is, just leave it under the rear bumper of the red Landy and I'll look after it for him...

Badges - The Thursday list

Thursday Wednesday production list - will be amended as necessary - PMs please

• David - - lofty55
  • Derek Evans - - DerekEM8
  • Rowland - - Spamcan
  • Richard - - Happy Hippo
  • Jason - - Sandside
  • Dave - - daveblueozzie
  • Steve - - SB67
  • John Elliott - - TheLaird
  • Kevin - - Suddaby
  • Pete - - Leander
  • Gilbert - - Great Northern
  • Don Blackhall - - DonB - - Mickleover Model Railway Group
  • Robin - - GWRROB
  • Adrian - - Figworthy

(that's 75 77 78 in all so far)

(and all printed, mounted and ready.)

John, Can you do one for me saying: "Once again trisonic cannot make it, I am his proxy...."

One day I will make it and turn up without notice and surprise everyone. They'll probably be too busy stuffing their faces to notice.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

45156, I will be driving past Lancaster on the way back (travelling up from Oxford in the morning) so if you want a lift back up country, no problems.

Thanks for the offer, but I've already got a return train ticket booked and paid for (non refundable), and TBH I don't get too many chances to travel by train these days, so unless I have a problem with the leg on the day, I'll keep your kind offer as plan B.

I too send my apologies...

Wife, Work and Dog (in no particular order) have conspired against me... What's a poor railway modeller to do?

Maybe if I start preparing now for next July, I might get to turn up in 2013

F

I have an agonising choice. Golf club 36 hole championship or the Open (day). See you all on Saturday!

I'm surprised it was that agonising Gilbert ;). (tongue very much in cheek!)

See you on Sat! :senile:

Last year Andy took the trouble to confirm wheelchair access for me only for me to be rushed to hospital with blood poisoning leading to a 10 week stay. However I am definitely coming this year so see you there!

Gavin

Archived