Members Day 2012

Andy Y

Absolutely fine Axel! :)

Just bought my train tickets - I've yet to work out the best way to get from the station but is looks walkable - either by road or a footpath along the river? any advice from the locals?

The river's quite a pleasant walk Chris, there should be a link in the OP for bus info if needed.

Ah. I will bring a large supply in a rucksack.

Actually this has a good reason. Every time I bang into someone it is a good sound that mirrors rod clank on the West Country class 'Eddystone' on the 23rd March 1950 just prior to overhaul. I will be recording this with a boom mike hung from the rucksack frame at a distance of three feet sideways. i will of course have earphones on so will be impervious to comments. Of course all this weight and bumping into people will make me hot and bothered.....

I also intend to record the sound of water and steam oil on the barbecue so will be upset if it is not available. I would be pleased if all who see me approaching to do these recordings, once bumped into, would please be very quiet and move away so that I can get the purity of recording that I want. Otherwise there will be extraneous sounds like 'Oi' and 'Phwoar' on my ( and possibly your ) sound chips.

If i get too hot i will remove my shirt and roll up my trouser legs revealing sandals and Christmas socks with reindeer on that my Aunt Freda gave me for Xmas 1982 and I have worn every day ever since.

Looking forward to making new acquaintances and getting these vital sounds on disc.

• RMweb Gold

The river's quite a pleasant walk Chris, there should be a link in the OP for bus info if needed.

???? *something* there just doesn't read right... wet feet?

Andi

Yes; safe journeys to anyone travelling today.

Local weather forecasts. Today, persistent rain easing off around 18.00. Tomorrow, isolated heavy showers in afternoon, 40% chance of rain 15.00 onwards.

Let's hope there's no traffic chaos on the M6 today if someone decides to have a crafty fag on a bus somewhere.

Whilst appreciating that many members do have valid reasons for being elsewhere on the day I'd like to reinforce that this is an excellent day out for modellers and as ever there's some really good content that's under the radar of other events. Do make the effort to come along if Stafford is accessible for you on the day. Aside from any transport costs it's one of the best value days out on the calendar.

Would love to be there. Valid reason for not doing so? First child due to be born today so labour could occur at any point in next week or so :)

Have fun chaps, many photos please for those not able to attend.

Good luck Dave and Mrs777!

The Black Country Blues team will be revealing progress to date on the layout, I've seen a few snaps and already it can be seen that it's quite different to anything out there. It's an excellent opportunity to see the inner workings of the terraforming and more detailed plans will be on show.

I'm there in proxy.

John, Will you give my p®oxy sticker to John W. (El Gringo) please?

I'm waiting for independent Virtual Presence to be become available.

Best, Pete.

Pete, I'll be more than happy to stick it on my plastic mac, old pal,

(which is probably what we'll all be wearing along with wellies and sou'westers!).

All the very best, John.

• RMweb Gold

Update from me.

Flap Jacks and Jam Tarts are currently going through the baking progress! :yes:

Blond tarts too? (lemon curd for the uneducated)

I gave the Sentinel a test run last night on half of Fourgig in advance of Saturday's fun, it ran pretty well considering it's an old lima power unit that probably has not run in anger for many years. Might take it along to the ERS tonight for a belt round the O gauge layout to shake out some cobwebs :lol:

I'm also going to take a few OO projects along too - any requests? - I can bring Harry with his Paul Chetter sound chip in ......

Hi

Layout loaded up and ready to go!

Suitable transport...

You might not need it (the "suitable transport" I mean, not the layout). Sitting in my office in Stafford I notice that the rain appears to have eased considerably (I don't want to say it's stopped, that'd be tempting fate... oh damn, I just said it), and the large puddle in the corner of our the office car park is getting smaller!

Andrew

EDIT - Sorry, I jinxed it :superstition: It's raining again now!

Still to clean loco wheels and load the layout once it stops raining!

Good job I'm not planning on getting there this evening, Early start in the morning (Better be up and ready Jaymes!)

PS. is there a Mc Donnalds anywhere near?

I MUST have my suasage and egg Mc Muffin! it's an expo ritual!

Cheers!

Frank

Archived