Members Day 2012

Andy Y

but more cake for the rest of us .

Talking of cake... Who's doing the birthday cake?????

Stafford Station (not the new buildings) is 175 years old this week with the Grand Junction Railway opening for business on July 4th 1837.

For those travelling by train there is a small photographic display by the LNWR society in the footbridge waiting room (I had a quick look at it this morning on the way to work)...

Well, I'm mostly packed for tomorrow... I'm bound to forget at least something, which almost invariably happens :scratchhead:. A couple of extras are coming with me too, namely this and this. I'm hoping not to be needing to go home with the former about my person....... :locomotive:

See y'all in the morning.....!

Just returned from tonight's setting up. Most parties had torrid journeys but all so far have arrived safely.

Now, the Sports and Social Club neglected to mention to me at any point before tonight (and that was only by accident) that they are hosting a Beach Party outside the main entrance tomorrow afternoon. therefore they require access to set-up in that area. I have spoken to the club manager tonight to arrange for remaining exhibitors to come through the security gates and unload through the fire exits (any problems give me a shout) and then park at the rear of the hall.

Non-exhibitors should park in the main car park as usual and proceed on foot to the main pedestrian entrance (I've put some green signs up tonight).

See you in the morning.

Just returned from tonight's setting up. Most parties had torrid journeys but all so far have arrived safely.

Now, the Sports and Social Club neglected to mention to me at any point before tonight (and that was only by accident) that they are hosting a Beach Party outside the main entrance tomorrow afternoon. therefore they require access to set-up in that area. I have spoken to the club manager tonight to arrange for remaining exhibitors to come through the security gates and unload through the fire exits (any problems give me a shout) and then park at the rear of the hall.

Non-exhibitors should park in the main car park as usual and proceed on foot to the main pedestrian entrance (I've put some green signs up tonight).

See you in the morning.

A Beach Party...??????

Is that because the tide was in all day today.?

Hope all goes well setting up in the morning guys.

Bob.

Sadly, I can`t make it along to the gathering today......but, here`s wishing everybody a safe journey and an enjoyable day, in the dear companionship of railway-modelling friends: old and new. :drink_mini:

Just about to set off for the hall after loading more stuff!

The weather is dry at present with no further rain overnight. Hopefully it will remain dry for the rest of set-up.

Please ensure you read my previous post on Page 12 if you're coming.

Guest Tom F

Just leaving now. Should take me about an hour to get to the M6 at Lancaster, then it's Motorway straight down.

See you all about 10! :D

Another great day, Hi light for me was ''Orchard Road'' well presented and even Mrs Mudmagnet was seen to be shunting over the lunch break. Plenty of idea's picked up and photo's taken on my phone ( don't ask me how to get them onto internet as I have no idea). Many thanks to all who organised the day, see you all next year. Colin.

Just arrived home after a diversion via Cooperville to drop AndyC off. Good trip up the M6/M56/M60 etc -no holdups at all.

Excellent day:- good company, good layouts, good relaxed atmosphere & sounded out some layouts for future Expo's.

Thanks to Andy, the catering team,Jon for the super badges and all the exhibitors, what more can be said -Excellent,

Another Great Show/Club meet.

Thanks to Andy , BRM, Helpers & Stewards and of course all, the exhibitors and demonstrators to make a great day out or in my case just the morning .

My special thanks to Two Tone Green for his help, information and advice.

Rowland.

Excellent day out as usual, well organised, good location and isn't it good to be in an exhibition hall full of friends, not strangers!. A bit of something for everyone there, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Mr Easters rendition of the Mike Edge Princess has really got me thinking. Axelcounter (Mike) you need to come and have a play on New Hey some day at a show, Sandside your dimensions are in the PM - and an e mail has been sent to the appropriate authority for window etches.

My thanks to DerekEm8 for pulling the fat out of the fire and delivering me and taking me back, To all the good people behind the catering - superb stuff thank you very very much, unfortunately we missed the cakes but theres always next year when I may take a more active part. and a big thanks to Andy Y for taking the ime to put on what has become a highlight in the calendar. Well done everyone!

An excellent RMWeb social gathering with a good spread of layouts. The name badges were a very helpful idea for putting faces to names. i managed to limit my purchases to a couple of Tortoise machines and connectors.

A big thank you to the organisers and the catering team. Looking forward to the 2013 event.

Hi,

Just got back, and would like to thank Andy and all the other people who made this event another great success!! I particularly liked the warm and friendly atmosphere, as the event felt more like a family gathering than a formal show (helped of course by the free drinks and lovely food!!).

I'd also like to thank the BRM Team for some interesting discussions, and particularly Chris, who gave me some really helpful advice on camcorders.

Thanks again to all - a great day!!

Best wishes

Mike

Archived