Leamington & Warwick Exhibition is ON - 19-20 Jan. 2013

OldNick

• Administrators

1st Train.jpg

Construction of Hornby Magazine's 7mm scale layout "Clayhanger Yard" continues with some test running of trains.

By the time the layout appears as a "work in progress" at the show, I hope to have rather more sophisticated control in place!

Phil

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gif1st Train.jpg

Construction of Hornby Magazine's 7mm scale layout "Clayhanger Yard" continues with some test running of trains.

By the time the layout appears as a "work in progress" at the show, I hope to have rather more sophisticated control in place!

Phil

I was going to say are health and safety happy with you using that dinosaur Phil ?

Congratulations to Mike Kelly on an excellent five pages in the Layout Focus section in the latest (February) BRM on his Cromer OO Gauge layout. The article gives an excellent description of the thoughts behind the layout, as well as some lovely photos by Paul Bason. Cromer 2008 will be stand 62 at the LWMRS exhibition this weekend.

Ian,

We'll be keeping an eye on the weather around here too and posting updates here, on our website, and on our Facebook page. I'm looking forward to seeing Roundhouse this weekend - stand 61, just next to the aforementioned Cromer.

To help with planning your visit to the exhibition, here's the floorplan. 

post-1931-0-59991300-1358271233_thumb.gif

...and here's the key to it.

post-1931-0-07081300-1358271247_thumb.gif

For those of you who have attended in the past three years. the hall we previously used was in the same building, off the bottom left corner of the diagram. The restaurant shown on the diagram is the same one as in previous years.

We did move the show last year to avoid the clash with St Albans.

This year is the same - St Albans was last weekend!

We are all fingers crossed for a typical British change to the changing weather.

Hope you decide to and can make it.

Don't forget there is the bus service from Leamington Station to the exhibition.

• RMweb Gold

Some work is being carried out on 'Roundhouse' in preparation for the weekend.

A new loco lifting crane was weathered this morning and tonight will be glued in place plus a few other details to do.

Tomorrow night we load ready for an early morning start on Saturday.

As long as my operators can get to us from mid Sussex we will be starting the journey.

Luckily we have to cross over the M25 at the bottom of a steep hill on the motorway before joining it so that will give us a good indication of the carriageway if the snow is really bad.

Luckily it's virtually motorway all the way for us, so as long as the M25 and M40 remain open then we will be there with the layout.

Might just replace the clip on cooling fans with a shovel though!

Luckily it's virtually motorway all the way for us, so as long as the M25 and M40 remain open then we will be there with the layout.

When you get to this end of the journey, the A46 up from the M40 junction 15 is virtually motorway standard too. That just leaves the last couple of miles (A452, B4113) from the Kenilworth turn on the A46 to the showground. These are just across and up the very flat Avon valley, and when we've had snow and ice at the exhibition time before these roads have been fine.

We're planning to post local road reports on here, on our website, and on our Facebook page.

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.

• RMweb Premium

Good luck to all at Leamington & Warwick this weekend, hope the weather does not cause to much agro

See you all being well Saturday morning on my sledge if necessary

Terry & Colin

Stafford Railway Circle

Exhibition. Team

Thanks for your best wishes.

All clubs that run their exhibitions during these early months of the year are at the mercy of the weather.

We keep our fingers crossed that all are not affected too badly.

Look forward to seeing you.

Best wishes

Dave and the expo team

Archived