Leamington & Warwick Exhibition is ON - 19-20 Jan. 2013

OldNick

In view of the current weather conditions, I came back home tonight from the LWMRS meeting via the Stoneleigh Park Exhibition Centre.

Following the signed route (signed National Agricultural Centre, or N.A.C.), from the A46 at the A425 Kenilworth turn, I drove past the centre via the B4113 , and then back to the A46 via the back route through Stoneleigh village returning to the A46 at the next junction north.

At present, al;though it has been snowing gently all evening, there is no snow lying on these roads at any point. although the verges and fields are covered. The A46 was being gritted.

Obviously the situation may change overnight, after traffic stops and the temperature falls.

This information will be updated tomorrow morning, here, on our Facebook page, and on our website.

• RMweb Gold

This is one of the few local shows I've not registered before, not sure how I've missed it. Looks a really good line up of layouts and trade.

Give it a whirl you'll never know who you may bump into. :mosking: Squires are there for all your build project needs too.

• RMweb Gold

I did a bit more weathering on ROUNDHOUSE last night and tis morning on a new loco lift crane and the roundhouse doors.

Will box the boards up and load tonight then cover the car to keep the ice off the windscreen etc.

No snow our way just yet

• RMweb Gold

This is one of the few local shows I've not registered before, not sure how I've missed it. Looks a really good line up of layouts and trade.

We exhibited here a couple of years ago with Highbury and can confirm its a cracking show. It is one of the best venues we have been to - all the benefits of a dedicated exhibition centre without the problems of the NEC. Recomended.

Jerry

The Pendon Museum information stand will be at the exhibition, located at stand 55 opposite/behind Newchapel Junction.

Volunteers Colin, Martin, Chris and Bill will be on hand to tell you all about Pendon and what's going on at the museum over the next few months. Please come and say hello.

Hopefully the weather will play ball and the snow will have passed through by tomorrow.

Best wishes to everyone involved.

Andy

Road update - 10:40 Friday

Snowing gently but steadily. Roads to exhibition all open, with clear carriageways. No snow lying on roads yet. Reports of some delays on M40 northbound and M42.

All systems go. More news later.

Can't comment on the Buses but today Chiltern are running a near normal service with delays and CrossCountry are running a heavily distrupted service , looking at my Work Pager site most of the XC services are 40+ late today.

Best to check National Rail Enquirys or the Chiltern/XC websites in the morning to see what they plan to run.

Latest report from site.

There are still problems on the M40, M42, and in Leamington Spa, but in general traffic is getting through. The B4113 past the exhibition site is open, and over the last hour the snow has stopped. Once on site show ground staff have been clearing snow from parking areas.

Please rake care on your journeys.

The exhibition is still on.

The show bus from Leamington Spa station is still expected to be on.

• RMweb Premium

On the whole the snow around here seems fairly wet - rubbish for snowballs and easy to shift. Had about 3" in rural areas, side roads are interesting in places but all the main roads and motorways - A42, M1, top end of M42 and M69 running fine and clear. Sounds like Wales has it bad but elsewhere you get the feeling the media are doing their usual exaggeration to make a major story. Take care out there though.  

Guest jim s-w

Hi all

This is a personal message from me, Im afraid to say the Scalefour Society wont be able to attend with two of our members being snowed in in walsall, myself having Tractieitus, and our fourth member from Bidford having described the journey home as extremely dangerous (this guy used to test new cars on frozen lakes so he knows how to drive in bad weather).

Personal thanks to Terry Bendall for stepping in to cover for myself and appologies for not being able to get there. I wish all those who do make the effort to get to the show a safe journey.

Jim

"Looks like Geoff at Comet Models isn't coming either. http://www.cometmodels.co.uk/  :cry: B*****d weather."

No, 'fraid not. Struggled into town this afternoon and found the Post Office and the Bank closed (amongst many others.) Our road was only just passable and will, I guess, be impassable in the morning once the compacted snow has been frozen and turned to ice.

Geoff

I've been looking forward to this exhibition; since discovering it a few years ago it's become a fixture in my own calendar. As others have said, the venue is probably one of the best on the circuit - the only weakness is a lack of accessibility by public transport, but that doesn't bother me as I'll be coming by car - and the show has always had a good selection of top quality layouts.

Given the time of year, snow is always going to be a potential issue; in fact I recall having to park among snowdrifts on more than one previous occasion. But the access roads are usually well-gritted, and even with the snow we've had over the past day or so I doubt it's going to be a problem. Certainly, the roads around here, just a bit to the southwest of Leamington, are entirely passable. Obviously, those travelling  from a distance may have problems closer to home, but I'm pretty certain there won't be any difficulties getting to the venue if you can get onto the A46.

I was planning to go tomorrow, but my ankle has been giving me serious gyp for the last few days so I'm going to give it a rest tomorrow and then, hopefully, be there on Sunday instead. I'll try and remember to say hello to anyone I recognise! 

Thanks for the updates gents. The good news is that most exhibitors and traders are either set up here, or have confirmed they will be here tomorrow morning.

I'm heading for home now, and will post another update once I've heard the next traffic update on BBC C W R. Then I'm off for a curry and an early night.

• Administrators

Just driven back from the show - roads are wet but clear! No ice on the car either, although I had cleared this about 3pm, no more had formed. Roads on site have been snowploughed, paths gritted.

One layout from Liverpool said they had had a really good run - 3.5 hours, I would struggle to do that in the dry!

Second hand stall looking good if you fancy a bargain tomorrow:

Malcolm setting up the second hand stall.jpg

As of when we closed up the exhibition hall at Stoneleigh tonight, the Leamington & Warwick Exhibition this weekend is ON.

We have traders layouts and a hall. Road access, although it was not pleasant at times during the day today is currently good, The snow has stopped and no significant snow is forecast tonight or tomorrow.

Updates will be posted on our website, our Facebook page, and on RMWeb

http://www.LWMRS.co.uk

Commiserations to the team down at Guildford. It must be horribly disappointing to have to cancel due to the weather conditions.

Archived