Grantham - the Streamliner years

LNER4479

1 hour ago, Tony Wright said:

Looks good Graham,

Please let me know how Jesse's D2 gets on. 

And, can you ask him when he wants picking up from Grantham Station, please?

Regards,

Tony. 

I have just send you an email my master! 

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, gr.king said:

Nice and warm in there by the look of the attire. Fully to Antipodean tastes?

Bring all your warmest gear, it was not to anyone's taste. Might be better in the morning with the large doors closed.

Edited by LMS29
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Very much enjoyed watching Grantham on Friday at Harrogate, and the chat with Jonathan (at the fiddle yard).

I am rather late to the party wrt this amazing layout, and so was wondering where in the thread there might be some details of the track plan. Of course many photos are now missing. I read somewhere that it might be two that are stitched together. I'd appreciate a view of the track plans if that would be possible.

Dave

• Thanks 1

Well, thanks very much to Jonathan for that particularly excellent show report - you've got the job.

Ref the request above re trackplan, it has occurred to me that, being over 10 years since first being 'launched' on here, and given the loss of most pre-2022 photos, perhaps I should embark on some sort of resume of the whole thing? You can't beat recycling old material. Not promising anything rapid, but I'll see what I can dig out from the archives over the next few months, now that the layout has gone in hibernation again.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, LNER4479 said:

Well, thanks very much to Jonathan for that particularly excellent show report - you've got the job.

Obviously under-employed on the fiddle yard...

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, jwealleans said:

You wouldn't have a video of some trainee operators trying to do a loco change on the main panel, at all?

Are you after getting Red Leader banned on RMWeb?

Baz

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, jwealleans said:

I'm not sure whose D2 this is (Steve?) but it was there surrounded by wagons and I quite liked the view.

Not guilty I'm afraid Jonathan; one number out:

IMG_2253.jpg.e97c43b9c5deba0405601bdebee26309.jpg

Nice pictures, from a great weekend!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, jwealleans said:

We seemed to have a bit of a photo fest at Harrogate, so i thought I'd share a few more with you.  These are in the main by Jesse or my good lady wife (and therefore less flattering and train-oriented than the ones I usually take).

spacer.png

Model railway shows are like any walk of life - there's a great deal of standing about hoping someone else will do whatever needs to be done...

spacer.png

... and then one bloke (Paul in this case) does all the work while several layers of management look on.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here I was explaining to anyone who'd listen what the cold weather had done to my P2.

I see Jesse has been flaunting his milk train on Little Bytham.  It's not the first time he's had it out, it was paraded on Saturday.    This is the picture he's taken inspiration from:

1457278428_4432C1LNERLangleyTroughsBlencowe9650_small.jpg.2bbf720a7507f5f149bca2d6b109b8ca.jpg

(Picture by R Blencowe)

As I have a model of 4432, we made use of it.   He was also kind enough to ask me to bring my much smaller milk stock along to add to the whole thing.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

All this is Jesse's work other than tanks 4-6 and the milk brake behind them.   I'll let him go through the origins of the various models.

spacer.png

Now here I have to protest my innocence.  I was accused of taking the kind of picture which used to get you reported to the police by the staff in Boots, but the camera is clearly pointing in a very different direction.   I think this was the target:

spacer.png

It does spend a lot of time hanging round outside that factory.  Then again, it might have been this:

spacer.png

I'm not sure whose D2 this is (Steve?) but it was there surrounded by wagons and I quite liked the view.

Since I've been accused anyway, let's finish with a Dick pic.

spacer.png

This is a converted Bachmann wagon with scratchbuilt fillers and valve wheels.   The tank trussing also had to be altered to follow prototype.   Transfers by Powsides (1055).

My my what a dick It is! 

Goes well with the cock holding area, unfortunately only one cock insight, nice sausage next to it though  

E15CFF1F-FBCD-4D15-B338-062B3F2D6F4B.jpeg.bbd13a3a8ac179407a7e4241dd8d7170.jpeg

I particularly like this photo of you working away, I do wish I had taken a photo of you taking a photo of your dick. 

CBFB94EF-57A5-44FF-BCB6-1A1DD316A841.jpeg.f98909ed2a36b51dfa0428f0002d3234.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Now then, me hearties. Where do you suppose this fine body of ladies and gentlemen might be heading? I'll leave it here as a little teaser for now. Anyone who can work out exactly where this photo is taken is either very well-travelled or an incredibly lucky guess.

More to follow shortly ...

DSC03810_PXL.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, LNER4479 said:

Now then, me hearties. Where do you suppose this fine body of ladies and gentlemen might be heading? I'll leave it here as a little teaser for now. Anyone who can work out exactly where this photo is taken is either very well-travelled or an incredibly lucky guess.

More to follow shortly ...

DSC03810_PXL.jpg

Germany. Beyond that, no idea.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1