Show me your voyagers 220/221.

Jack00

• RMweb Gold

Haha funny armchairs.

Why do DMU's smell like wee? Jump on a HST/ voyager tomorrow and it smells of crisp newspapers and fresh coffee.

Does that explain the wee smell...?

I'm afraid that the pungent aroma of a well-used Voyager lavatory will permeate into the adjacent passenger compartment on an unfortunately frequent basis, and it can be even worse in the vestibules. That said, things have improved somewhat of late. I attribute that to improvements in the National Diet...

Haha funny armchairs.

Why do DMU's smell like wee? Jump on a HST/ voyager tomorrow and it smells of crisp newspapers and fresh coffee. But those 150's shutteling PZ- Newton abbot will reek of damp and musty dog.

I take it you havent had the misfortune to travel on one of the Westbound Scottish - Penzance trains in the evening. Coffee stops around Totnes on the down, and other "aromas" fill the stale air.

• 8 months later...

Ah, 158s in Cornwall, those were the days! So much more comfortable than the 150s and tin rockets we have to endure down here now. Also quite an interesting period livery-wise, with the changeover from Virgin to XC, refurb of First HSTs and 158s from Central, Wessex, and TPE adding to the mix.

And there was a real mix of liveries in the 158 fleet, especially the Arriva Wales ones; a lot of ex-Central Train green ones (as in the pic), Alphaline silver, Arriva turquoise and the Ginster's advertising livery.

• 2 years later...

Archived