The human side of the railway...

• RMweb Gold

Eastleigh-based shunter, Ricky, doing the honours at Hamworthy this morning on the stone train from Whatley. The loco, 59101, is appropriately named for this working. As I post this, the train should be passing New Milton.

attachicon.gifP1010055.JPG

3 different chair fixings there.

GWR-type chair screw, GWR through bolt (nut on top), ordinary S1 chair with ferrule and chair screw.

Martin.

• Like 2

Eastleigh-based shunter, Ricky, doing the honours at Hamworthy this morning on the stone train from Whatley. The loco, 59101, is appropriately named for this working. As I post this, the train should be passing New Milton.

Looks like Dapol fitted the nameplate! There's hope for us all!

Thanks for posting that Peter, as someone who deals with that train further up the line it's interesting to see my counterpart down south. His orange is very clean compared to mine though!

Jo

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Not quite human but they are (hu)man's best friend.

Seen at the South Devon Railway today.

post-20017-0-60481000-1492281393_thumb.jpg

Is this the only canine volunteer

with its own hivis jacket

Edited by rab
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

3 different chair fixings there.

GWR-type chair screw, GWR through bolt (nut on top), ordinary S1 chair with ferrule and chair screw.

Martin.

Not British Rail CS1 and CS1S chairs on E1 and E4 sleepers, with the first (LH) sleeper having the top of the bolt thread end and nut level?

Cheers Pete, tried all sorts and couldn't sort it out

Russ,

I appear to have accrued  7 "likes"  which I assume should be for you and your  pic, not the fact that I managed to rotate it the right way up.

Sorry.

Pete

• Like 1