New Dawlish webcam

• RMweb Gold

And I thought Dawlish was such a genteel place.

Ho ho!

Dawlish is one of those interesting places, where the population swells during the holiday season, then quietens down again 'off season', but there are one or two locals who have made work quite 'interesting' for us at times...

I sincerely hope that the sweep of the webcam isn't changed - it gives a superb view of the bay from Coastguards up to Langstone Rock, and is of benefit to the rail industry itself, as well as enthusiasts. Even 'Nanny' is enthused and is working to give some of us 'official' access...

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

09.32. Just seen a x-country voyager going towards Newton Abbot.   Seemed to be going at  quite a slow speed

do the voyagers still have problems when the waves go over them?

IIRC the water would get into various roof-mounted gubbins and cause havoc

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

3 letters. G-W-R (says it all doesn't it!)

It was however the South Devon Railway who commissioned and built the line. It only officially became part of the GWR network after it had been open for 30 years.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Few years back I would have been windsurfing in stuff like that(the sea, not the 'four foot')- probably why I'm like I am now :mail:

Just noticed that another webber watching is called Harbour- nearly appropriate!!j

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

I thought they'd reconfigured the software to stop that problem....

Sort of - the driver is supposed to now have three opportunities to re-set it, but it doesn't stop the computer shutting down any given engine(s) in the first place, once the sea spray starts doing it's work.

• 6 years later...