Heljan 7mm Wagons

Kev_Lewis

• 3 weeks later...

On the tanks front I spoke to the Haljan lads at Glasgow and they assured me that there were 'meant' to be be transfers sheets in the wagons packs for renumbering/numbering of Molasses tanks etc etc?? Not sure whether we will ever get them now or phone Steve at Railtec and get him on that case?

• RMweb Gold

Nothing was supplied in the ones that past through me, I shall enquire direct at Heljan

Hattons have said this to me:

I have checked the similar B tanks we have in stock and unfortunately all of them are unnumbered and do not come with number sheets or transfers. It is to my understanding that for whatever reason Heljan have not included them on any of these models.

Was there any mention of transfers to be Included in the VAA/OAA wagons etc for renumbering  :dontknow: - None in mine.

Cheers, Bob.

Hope this is ok with the Moderators!

Hi Bob, there are 7mm sheets available for both the VAA and OAA. In an attempt to try to stay on the right side of forum etiquette we won't post a link, but simply say that they can be found on the web site (link should be in the signature).

As for the B tanks, these are coming. We're looking at numbers in the 33nn and 35nn ranges, as well as the Molasses.

Don't forget to put some number 4's to go in-front of the 33xx numbers that happened in later life.

As it appears that there is a demand for just numbers, we've designed the would-be pack below which is sufficient to (re/)number 7 x 35t B tanks in the diag 6/002 series, so that's running numbers (4)3301 thru (4)3963.

In an attempt to achieve added realism the pack includes the earlier as-built font and the later BR influenced variant, most noticeable on the angled 3s. If you look closely there are also some instances where there are slight differences in the leading 4 to denote that this was simply added to the existing number at a later date. Also included are LUBE OIL / LUBE TRAFFIC ONLY.

For those just requiring the 3nnn numbers, the intent is that you can just cut off the leading 4.

Would this pack help to begin with? We can look at the markings (and numbers) specific to the Molasses variants next.

7mm_6621-1.jpg

Edited by railtec-models
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold

We could have them very very quickly. One after-thought we had was replacing the LUBE OIL markings with the wagon number plates (i.e. the oval yellow disc). Thoughts?

That I like

That I like

Here you go folks. We've replaced the LUBE OIL markings with the perhaps more useful yellow disc wagon IDs as applied to the solebar. We thought we should before someone picked us up on it, because somebody would have ;)

7mm_6621-1.jpg

A short run of these has just been printed this afternoon and so they are available now. We'll refrain from posting a direct link to the product here but they can be found on our web site, a general link benig found in the signature. We're on that many forums that the finer details of the T&Cs do get muddy for us!

• Like 1

Here you go folks. We've replaced the LUBE OIL markings with the perhaps more useful yellow disc wagon IDs as applied to the solebar. We thought we should before someone picked us up on it, because somebody would have ;)

7mm_6621-1.jpg

A short run of these has just been printed this afternoon and so they are available now. We'll refrain from posting a direct link to the product here but they can be found on our web site, a general link benig found in the signature. We're on that many forums that the finer details of the T&Cs do get muddy for us!

Hi have you any evidence for TOPS plates with only the four figure number? I believe you will find all of the yellow TOPS plates had the five figure number. Before that the Esso number would have been on a small cast ownership plate.

Paul

Hi have you any evidence for TOPS plates with only the four figure number? I believe you will find all of the yellow TOPS plates had the five figure number. Before that the Esso number would have been on a small cast ownership plate.

Paul

There's a photo in Tourret on p146 which seems to indicate the earlier 4-digit variant with the yellow plate (I seem to recall seeing others as well, perhaps Larkin). Always open to be shown otherwise however, and if something needs to change then we'll change it.

Edited by railtec-models
  • Like 1

Anybody got any advice, pictures or directions on how to fit the supplied door chains on the OAA Opens?? :scratchhead:

Edit :- beyond the bleeping obvious of gluing the one end link with the 'sticking out bit' in each hole... :blush:

Edited by F-UnitMad

Anybody got any advice, pictures or directions on how to fit the supplied door chains on the OAA Opens?? :scratchhead:

Edit :- beyond the bleeping obvious of gluing the one end link with the 'sticking out bit' in each hole... :blush:

I didn't know the Soo had OAAs...  ;)