Heljan 7mm Wagons

Kev_Lewis

• 1 month later...

I understand that the transfers for the UMxxx numbers and the Fleet numbers for the Molasses tanks are all but ready to go? Steve from Railtec tells me he will ping something on their FB page when ready could be today? At last my 7mm tank wagon can be finished?!

Edited by gridwatcher
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not as much as one might think, they are quite prominent on this livery - see Paul Barlett's photos -  http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brcatfishzev/h19275e35#h19275e35

However not that significant to me as I shall be going for the dogfish anyway.

... Ah but they may have over-sized the lettering on the Dutch liveried Dogfish as well! Several of the numbers/descriptions would suggest they are using my photos again. 

Heljan were generous when they used about 7 of my photos for their 4mm Catfishes. But since then they appear to have a meaner management!

Paul

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

... Ah but they may have over-sized the lettering on the Dutch liveried Dogfish as well! Several of the numbers/descriptions would suggest they are using my photos again. 

Heljan were generous when they used about 7 of my photos for their 4mm Catfishes. But since then they appear to have a meaner management!

Paul

Hi Paul,

They have a reputation to uphold in such regards - I am sorry to report.

PM me if you like.

Kindest,

CME

• 3 weeks later...

I see according to Tower the Catfish & Dogfish ballast trucks are appearing early next week. They should sell well in my opinion.

I really hope they will prove to be good solid models and hopefully not too many bits will drop off them in the box when you open them (like say many of the VAA's). Hopefully the packaging boxes are not too big either!!!

One thing I can never understand is how Heljan can't manage to get any pictures of the final liveries applied to production models out before they actually appear in model shops. I see there are some basic mock up pictures now on the Heljan dk site which is the best I've seen (assuming these are accurate) & I know Tower normally gets a photo or two up as soon as they get them (thankfully!) but sometimes it is difficult to order somewhat blind.

Surely some actual photos of each could have been taken in China a few weeks ago ahead of the launch to aid publicity.

I'll be getting my stock of Catfish & Dogfish, next week, and not long after that will be about 30+ Class 60's. I'm going to need a bigger storage room!!!!

As soon as I get them I'll post some photo's unless someone else beats me to it.

Regards

Chris

It's been raining cat's and dogs in Oxfordshire today!

Brian,

The ballast train looks superb - now there is an interesting weathering job coming up! I will look forward with interest to seeing progress. Thanks for the photos.

deltic17

Actually Brian I've got a question for you....or anybody else who can enlighten me.....

I notice from your pictures that the late olive (TOPS) catfish has an olive chassis whereas the late olive (TOPS) dogfish has a black chassis.

On the other hand the early olive catfish has a black chassis yet the early olive dogfish has a olive chassis? 

That may somehow be correct (I'm no ballast truck expert!) but it appears inconsistent to me???

Something that would be pretty much unnoticeable under weathering but is this an error???

Actually Brian I've got a question for you....or anybody else who can enlighten me.....

I notice from your pictures that the late olive (TOPS) catfish has an olive chassis whereas the late olive (TOPS) dogfish has a black chassis.

On the other hand the early olive catfish has a black chassis yet the early olive dogfish has a olive chassis? 

That may somehow be correct (I'm no ballast truck expert!) but it appears inconsistent to me???

Something that would be pretty much unnoticeable under weathering but is this an error???

If Heljan had been courteous enough to ask me for the photographs they have used for several of these models you would be able to judge for yourself.

Paul