Bachmann nrm prototype deltic - spring 2013

Brian Grey

Got email yesterday they are offering -

The options at the moment are ;

OO gauge Pristine Deltic Prototype in Eastern Region Livery in either DCC Ready/DCC Fitted/Sound and/or a weathered version

hang on, I'm confused. Is this DP1? Or another, production Deltic?

• RMweb Gold

hang on, I'm confused. Is this DP1? Or another, production Deltic?

Well it does say 'Deltic prototype' and as that was what the NRM did previously I presume it's the same thing again.  It wasn't made very clear when I was asked about it on Saturday but I wasn't very interested anyway as I already have one so didn't delve further.

DP1 and the Deltic Prototype is the same thing. To the bofins at English Electric it was known as 'DP1' where as everybody else knew it as the 'Prototype Deltic' or probably to many 'one of those new fangled diesels that will never catch on'.

Er...it says Deltic *Prototype*. That should be clear enough, methinks.

It also said 'eastern region livery' and the next post said something about '1008'. As far as i knew, it only ever carried sky blue on both the LMR and ER, and i have no idea what 1008 was referring to. And yes, I had noticed the word 'prototype': as i said, I was a little confused and simply asked a question

• RMweb Gold

For those of us who model in N, there is no shortage of DP1s available from Farish. There are two versions in circulation at the moment - "As Preserved" single model and "Merseyside Pullman" train set.

The train set version represents DP1 in service and features cream lining between the roof and bodysides and a slightly lighter shade of blue. I wonder if this is the version the NRM are proposing for 4mm?

• 2 months later...

Anyone know if this model is definitely going to be released? I would really like one.

It seems a shame that Bachmann only made these for 00 gauge in limited runs for NRM, when the Farish N gauge version is readily available from regular retail outlets!

DP1 "Deltic" and 1008 are but 2 of a number of models under consideration at the moment. The livery changes to the Deltic are minor, but were made by English Electric after leaving the LMR and carried whilst working on the Eastern Region. These were a different shade of roof colour and a cream cantrail strip, made after English Electric had to remove the roof panels.

The models under consideration are;

Deltic in Eastern Region livery;

1) DC only-DCC ready

2) DCC onboard

3) Weathered, DC only-DCC ready

4) DCC sound

Lancashire & Yorkshire Aspinall 2-4-2T (6-pin DCC ready);

1) L & Y livery as 1008 (Bachmann will not run this livery as a general release)

2) BR early crest 50621 (again Bachmann will not run this number as a general release)

47 798 "Prince William" in Royal Train Claret (21-pin DCC ready)

Bachmann will not run this livery as a general release

Locomotion "The NRM at Shildon" are asking people to express an interest by phone or e-mail in these models. This is in effect an accumulator towards production, when the numbers reach a certain level the models will go into production. Those who have registered their interest will be given first refusal on the issue. I understand the Deltic and L & Y 2-4-2T are the front runners at the moment. Hope this helps.

Mike

47798 Please

Do I presume that all on offer will eventually be produced?

47798 is on my 'to get' list, and would be reather annoyed if the NRM keep it up their sleeves for years. I was hoping Bachmann would announce it in the general range next year. A great railtour loco as well as a member of the NRM, i.e. very useful model.

Just look at the Hornby model of the NRM Q1, exactly, it has never been produced, almost a decade after the Q1 being released by Hornby.

Anyone know if this model is definitely going to be released? I would really like one.

It seems a shame that Bachmann only made these for 00 gauge in limited runs for NRM, when the Farish N gauge version is readily available from regular retail outlets!

It's an NRM commission,with the development funded by the NRM. They wouldn't be too happy if Bachmann put it on general release, where as the N gauge version is not a commission and therefore part of the Farish range.

• RMweb Premium

47798 Please

Do I presume that all on offer will eventually be produced?

47798 is on my 'to get' list, and would be reather annoyed if the NRM keep it up their sleeves for years. I was hoping Bachmann would announce it in the general range next year. A great railtour loco as well as a member of the NRM, i.e. very useful model.

Just look at the Hornby model of the NRM Q1, exactly, it has never been produced, almost a decade after the Q1 being released by Hornby.

Whilst the Q1 might be a missed opportunity, don't forget that it can only carry three(?) liveries, all of which have been produced by Hornby on standard releases with different loco numbers, so perhaps any reluctance to produce a NRM edition is over concerns that sales may not be sufficient to justify the 1000 units normally required by Hornby for a L/E. On the other hand 47798 carries a unique livery (if you count the nameplate) so if you want that loco/livery RTR the limited edition will be your only option.

E-mail received to day - class 47 prince william followed by dp1

www.locomotionmodels.com

and

Locomotion, the NRM at Shildon

are very proud to announce our very first

Bachmann Exclusive DCC Ready

OO Gauge Model

Bachmann CLASS 47 PRINCE WILLIAM

Production limited to 500 pieces only.

Hundreds of you expressed an interest in the Class 47 so as we aim to please we went ahead with production of this exceptional model,

in royal claret, and we expect to take delivery in July.

AND.....we thought we would go one step further and give you the chance to take up our 'Early Bird' offer...

The RRP of the 'Prince William' will be £110.00 plus p & p.

The 'Early Bird' offer ......... only £105.00 and p & p is FREE!!!!!!**

The Early Bird offer is only available until we take delivery here at Shildon

If you want to take advantage of the Early Bird offer simply log on to

www.locomotionmodels.com

and prebuy your model now!!

As soon as we take delivery in July your model will be shipped without delay!

The Deltic Prototype will follow soon after and will also be available to prebuy with an 'Early Bird' offer.

(**Free p&p to UK Mainland only - for overseas please call 01388 771439 or email queries@locomotionmodels.com)

• 1 month later...

Just ordered my prototype Deltic from Shildon. £115 early bird offer. 

It's the BR version as it ran with the cream cantrail stripe and slightly different shade of blue. Saw it at the Bachmann launch today, very nice indeed. 

DCC fitted and sound versions are available, also a weathered one. 

Hi

Cannot really justify another just to get sound :(

Wonder if they will have the forethought to offer the sound decoders as a retro fit?

I imagine the chassis block will be the same on all models, with the recess for the factory speaker, but obviously you can retro fit sound to your earlier model. Legomanbiffo available from DCkits does the best deltic noise available atm. Around £100 ish plus a decent speaker.

Archived