Bachmann nrm prototype deltic - spring 2013

Brian Grey

DC analogue only now in stock according to Locomotion models website. DCC fitted arrives end of month. 'Early Bird' offers open until 11 August.The roar of twin Napier marine diesels can faintly be heard. 'Everybody loves the sound of a train in the distance......' Happy day!

Oh well I'll be one of the last getting one as I opted for DCC fitted, but I am just glad to get hold of one as I have never had the spare pennies when they have been available before, but I'm used to waiting.

• RMweb Gold

Pleasant surprise this morning - DP1 (sound fitted) arrived - after running in its first duty will be on a lunchtime parcels:

post-586-0-15400300-1376476101.jpg

Speaking with Howes sometime ago they mentioned that they were not doing a DP1 sound decoder as DP1's engines were different to that of the production Deltics - and they did not want to produce a decoder with incorrect sounds. Not that worries me too much, certainly like what I've got from Locomotion.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Mine arrived this morning and it is a beauty, yet to run it, will give it a run in at my club tomorrow then it is in to works for Napiers ( sound chip) to be fitted, would be interested to hear from anyone who has fitted sound chip as to where they located the speaker? I intend using the chip from DC kits with a bass reflex speaker to enhance the deeper tones, any hints/tips would be gratefully accepted.

In the meantime can anyone identify this little devil, it is about 3 mm long and was in the box, I have gone over the loco and cannot find anything that looks like it or where a bit looks to have fallen off

post-7211-0-32857300-1376485713_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

That's fine Rob but when someone buys up the stock and hoards them depriving others of the opportunity I call that greed, you call it what you like.

• RMweb Gold

That's not greed....

That's " free market economy"

Why when anyone tries to make a buck on models is it " greed" , other stuff they'd be proclaiming the new Peter Jones...

It's plain disatateful.......pure and simple......nothing to do with 'free market economy',,,,,,,,maybe the mores of the kasbah.....and certainly nothing to do with Dragon's Den

• RMweb Premium

NRM have closed that particular loophole by restricting amount that can be purchased by an individual, anyone contemplating this approach would have to have a few willing collaborators to buy up stock then pool resources. However all that said there are now Plenty of Deltics for everyone, so anyone silly enough to buy one at inflated prices must be desperate or daft. I am sure when this lot sell out there will be another batch in about 1-2 years time. This loco has proved a good seller for the NRM. In some ways I wish I had not brought up this subject as it is detracting from the real thread of discussing and waxing lyrical about one of (if not the) most iconic diesels in the UK, nay the world. 

OK I will offer a reward of free entry and a meal ticket to Banrail 2013 on September 29th to the first person who identifies correctly the tiny little piece I posted a photo of in posting 107 (just noticed there is no hash tag on my Mac keyboard!).

Guest spet0114

Does anyone know the numbers produced for each of the four "in service" editions? Normally the NRM tell us this, but they're currently being a bit coy.... :)

OK I will offer a reward of free entry and a meal ticket to Banrail 2013 on September 29th to the first person who identifies correctly the tiny little piece I posted a photo of in posting 107 (just noticed there is no hash tag on my Mac keyboard!).

It's probably the piece from a completely different model that the factory puts randomly in every 100th model or so, just to annoy the end user.

Just collected mine from the post office. Unfortunately it shouldn't have left the factory as the center roof panel has had all of it's rivets shaved off on one side and has been badly patch painted as a repair. The whole roof has way too much paint on it and has filled some of the grilles and has run etc. . anyone else got this or have i just landed a dud?  :no2:

Going to call locomotion and see if they can swap it for one without a mashed roof.  :D

• RMweb Gold

That's not greed....

That's " free market economy"

Why when anyone tries to make a buck on models is it " greed" , other stuff they'd be proclaiming the new Peter Jones...

There's a big difference between an entrepreneur and a speculator.

Fortunately, as with the earlier Deltic models, the NRM aren't stating these won't be repeated. 

John

• RMweb Premium

What a shame Lochnagar, must have been very disappointed to open up and find that. Good tp see NRM are replacing it immediately.

Have just run mine for the obligatory half hour in each direction, very smooth and quiet.

Have located the part that fell off, it is a small valve/filler/drain alongside the fuel tank...I win.

• RMweb Premium

You can still come to our exhibition Obi I will stand you a Bacon Roll!

Bit of formation flying with another Deltic that appeared at the club this morning, apologies for the poor photo

post-7211-0-90480600-1376568865_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Can anybody show a better picture of livery if possible showing the older model  for comparison.

Don't know which picture you are referring to but have a look at post #106 - not the best of pictures but does show the differences quite clearly.

Keith

Archived