RMweb

Paynestown

Barry Ten

• RMweb Gold

...is the roof hot? ;)

Looking very good, Al, the backscene is worthy of LS Lowery! :)

Looking forward to seeing this at Taunton on Sunday!

See you there, Rich!

I took the backscene along to the art society to work on - one of the members said it looked Loweryesque!

• RMweb Gold

I really enjoyed studying Paynestown today. Very atmospheric, capturing the 'damp' South Wales valleys very well indeed.

I took a few photos, which will be sorted over the next few days.

The backscene works so well, enhancing the scene very well!

Great stuff!

• RMweb Gold

Thanks all - back home now. To be fair I think the layout had more than its share of gremlins today (mostly coupler related) but hopefully that didn't detract too much. I hope everyone enjoyed the day as much as I did. There was some cracking stuff on display. Thanks to everyone involved including the catering team!

• RMweb Gold

Andy Y took this pic at the member's day and at the risk of bigging up my own model, I think it's fantastic. Subtle use of Photoshop to add steam, eliminate baseboard joints and expand the foreground, all of which really makes a difference. I've taken lots of shots of Paynestown myself over the years but none have quite hit the mark for me in the way this one does.

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hadn't seen this thread before...... until you dropped a hint like a brick on the Ross-on-Wye exhibition thread.

Glad I've seen it in the flesh, one of the best in show, hence the quantity of photos on the exhibition thread.

Wow, what a great little layout, I haven't see so much small detail on a layout for a very long time, I live the back yards and the little Chapel set on the rise, just superb modelling and fantastic detail.

Thanks for posting some amazing pics.

Bodge.

Archived