The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Now .. "As welcome as a fart in a Space-suit" - discuss. Your suit or someone-else's?

Hum, since some sort of plumbing between the two is required, how do you get the victim to agree?  Some sort of Masochism/######?

Edited

Censored again, that's twice tonight. Sad ism.

Edited by kevinlms

I remember, many moons ago, reading an anecdote from a cricketer facing the bowling with Fred Trueman and Brian Close fielding at silly mid-on and silly mid-off. As the bowler started his run-up, Trueman said: "Nah then, Closey, mi old fruit, 'as thi 'eerd t' one about the one-legged astronaut?" The batsman was still thinking: "One-legged astronaut?" as his wicket was demolished.

What really bugged him was that he never did get to hear the punchline ...

Edit: typo.

Edited by bluebottle

Not sure if it's just me and my sense of humour, but I always find it slightly funny when all these fanciful automated announcements go wrong on modern rolling stock.

Like this very chatty London Overground 378 - Where you cannot alight from the rear part of this train, You can alight from Coaches 12345.

Or this TPE 185 - Where Vera will make sure you won't get caught short, but she's not sure where you should leave your luggage!

(That one may or not be faked, still worth a laugh though!)

sounds like it just ran through every recording on the system

wrt my previous 'wave' post - many have done so,  broken phone and microwave too.

But, I used to clean pc keyboards by putting them in the dishwasher. That actually worked very well. Give them a good shake afterwards, and generally had to wait a week for them to dry out. Keyboards are cheaper, these days.

Many years ago, I knew a clock maker in Bristol. He told me of a lady who came into his shop, wanting a cheap alarm clock repaired. He explained that it would need a good clean before he could check it out, and it would cost 30/- for that. She didn't want to pay, the clock being ten bob new, but still pestered him to sort it out. In exasperation he suggested she took it home and boiled it. She did, it worked, and she came back to thank him.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Wasnt sure whether to put this in bargain hunters or the smile thread!

Just got this from a charity shop in banbury, lurking at the back of the shelf for £2 but worth a fair bit more

An original 1981 rubiks cube, complete with box and instructions

2A32EFA9-8BB5-4F3C-82B5-7C487DF6A3CC.jpg

Dunno if i'll still be smiling later when i throw it against a wall in frustration

• Like 2