The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

So is one photo of the station reversed? Most miniature railways, tend to be unidirectional.

The handles on the smokebox door are pointing the same way in both photos.

Inside the curve, there are two small boxes on posts and an object which looks like a gradient post. The gradient post is closer to box on the post in the photo with the two men on the seats.

There are some weeds on the end of the platform ramp in the photo with the men on the train. 

So I think, the line had a reverse curve and the photos are of opposite ends of the station. Still, the builder did a lot of work to create symmetry right down to the posters inside the shelter.

- Richard.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The 'phone rings, and is answered; the voice, with distinct tones of the sub-continent, on the other end starts the conversation -

'Good morning, am I speaking to Mr Hadron please?'

Nothing is said in response, but the voice goes on,

'My name is Rupert and I am calling from the National Accident Assistance Centre, we understand you have recently been involved in a collision'

The response of the person who answered the 'phone is unprintable and he slams the handset down before going off to tell his colleagues about the amazing 'phone call they have just received.

Idle Thoughts Of A Retiree's Wandering Mind:

I think I had amnesia once --- maybe twice.

I went to San Francisco . I found someone's heart. Now what?

Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic.

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

What is a "free" gift? Aren't all gifts free?

They told me I was gullible and I believed them.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to merge his car onto the freeway.

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.

One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.

My weight is perfect for my height--which varies.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

How can there be self-help "groups"?

If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Show me a man with both feet firmly on the ground, and I'll show you a man who can't get
his pants off.

Is it me, or do buffalo wings taste like chicken?

Seen in our local hospital today - "Stationary Cupboard " - What else would you expect ?

Dennis

I imagine the non stationary sort are too dangerous to have in hospitals, with all those sick and infirm people about!!!

• Like 1

In 1986, Peter Davies was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from Louisiana State University .

On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air. The elephant seemed distressed, so Peter approached it very carefully. He got down on one knee, inspected the elephants foot, and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it. As carefully and as gently as he could, Peter worked the wood out with his knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot.

The elephant turned to face the man and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments. Peter stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled. Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned and walked away. Peter never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twenty years later, Peter was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his teenaged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Peter and his son Cameron were standing. The large bull elephant stared at Peter, lifted its front foot off the ground, then put it down. The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.

Remembering the encounter in 1986, Peter could not help wondering if this was the same elephant. Peter summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder. The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Peter legs and slammed him against the railing, killing him instantly.

Probably wasn't the same elephant.

This is for everyone who sends me those heart-warming stories.

• Like 1