RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Nothing Funny really.

But on My way home Today I looked out of My car window and this is what I saw. The Yellow flowers are Canola and the Hill in the background is Mount Bakewell - They named a WAGR steam Loco after it.

The row of trees between the Hill and the Canola is where the Avon river runs and just the other side of that is the Great Southern Railway.

Anyway it made Me smile.

post-23233-0-67511000-1504694995_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Blue Streak
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

No it doesn't. It has a promotion advertising two items being sold at £1 whose RRP are £2 and £2.99, i.e. they are being sold at either half or a third of their 'recommended' prices.

He's on about the poster to the left of the doorway which looks to have items for £2

Edited by big jim

I did giggle at the 2pound pricing... here in Australia we had $1 then $2 shops.... all gone now.. but it seems every shopping centre has at least 1 if not 3 "cheapo" shops all full of absolute bin fillers! 

Their pricing is all over the place and can be expensive... :O  

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It has been noticeable the pound shops now have sections of goods now selling for up to around £10. The places are very handy for cheap throw away £1 glasses and pencils for muddleing with.

Edited by TheQ

• RMweb Gold

No it doesn't. It has a promotion advertising two items being sold at £1 whose RRP are £2 and £2.99, i.e. they are being sold at either half or a third of their 'recommended' prices.

Yes it does, the poster to the left shows an item being sold for £2 in a £1 shop.

Although as Jim and TheQ post, this is usual pricing within them.

Going OT but whatever you find in a Poundland that looks cheap can usually be found elsewhere for slightly more £ but larger quantity, e.g. Poundland has 10 dishwasher tablet for £1, Wilco has the same but 30 for  £2.30