The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

I suppose, that's one way to get out of buying a license and forking out Performing Rights Society payments.

I'm not sure how well that argument would go down.

Do they have an equivalent of the PRS in Poland?

....Now, take the Kapsalon. Invented 2003 in Rotterdam, for some blokes working in a hairdressers, which it was named for. They've concocted a dish of chips, shoarma/kebab meat, salad and fine Dutch grated cheese, garnished to taste with a garlic sauce. Straight from the oven! Here's the result:

kapsalon.jpg

It's been a great success since, so much so others have copied the recipe and even adjusted it to their taste. One shop actually sells a full metre of this stuff on a plate!.....

I wonder if there might be a market for this type of thing in Britain...... :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

My only comment is,  did you know there are now more women only Golf clubs, than there are Men only? Perhaps we men should complain....

• RMweb Gold

Oh shut up. You have NO idea how to turn chips into an energy caloric source :nono:

Now, take the Kapsalon. Invented 2003 in Rotterdam, for some blokes working in a hairdressers, which it was named for. They've concocted a dish of chips, shoarma/kebab meat, salad and fine Dutch grated cheese, garnished to taste with a garlic sauce. Straight from the oven! Here's the result:

kapsalon.jpg

It's been a great success since, so much so others have copied the recipe and even adjusted it to their taste. One shop actually sells a full metre of this stuff on a plate!

Mind, not recommended if you're visiting Weightwatchers ;)

:jester:

[edit: link in English: click!]

Is that before or after it has been eaten??

Mike.

A story about a crown green bowling club (northerners will understand what this is) :

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/worlds-oldest-bowling-club-faces-sexism-row-after-refusing-to-lift-ban-on-women/ar-AAqteya

So why the picture of a 10-pin bowling facility ???

What do you expect from an American company. They also have trouble with hockey and single nation world series.

Shouldn't it be called Tadcaster Brown now?

Chips and Gravy I get, but not with cheese. As an established midlander it has to be Curry Sauce on the old chips, preferable Orange Battered Chips on a Cob!

Bloomin' heck, you lot should learn something from one of the colonies that didn't ditch you- it's curds, not cheese !.  And Bacon.  LOTS of Bacon.  & green (or spring) onion...

mmmm la belle potate is calling me !

(PS- it's called poutine )

James

• Like 3

I'm very surprised poutine hasn't crossed the pond with a vengeance. (It's probably because it sounds so French eh?)

I thought of that.  Disgusting stuff.  I've never had it although I've been here for 36 yrs.  I'm afraid it'll damage my English DNA.

John

• RMweb Gold

A story about a crown green bowling club (northerners will understand what this is) :

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/worlds-oldest-bowling-club-faces-sexism-row-after-refusing-to-lift-ban-on-women/ar-AAqteya

So why the picture of a 10-pin bowling facility ???

Maybe they copied the story and pic from the Daily Mail?