The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Surely the wording "all of which are currently occupied" is the important statement in this riddle - so the hotelier has to turn the travelers away.

But infinity is a number that doesn’t end. Limitless rooms. It’s a trick question.

• RMweb Premium

But infinity is a number that doesn’t end. Limitless rooms. It’s a trick question.

But the rooms are are limitlessly full

• RMweb Gold

In that case, I wish you well in your future mathematical studies. Do not worry if things like this seem impossible now; in due course you will learn the ideas that make this sort of thing second nature.

In that case, I wish you well in your future mathematical studies. Do not worry if things like this seem impossible now; in due course you will learn the ideas that make this sort of thing second nature.

I hope so. Pilots need to be good at maths and that’s what I want to be.

• RMweb Premium

I hope so. Pilots need to be good at maths and that’s what I want to be.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, unless you're going to fly a plane with an infinite number of seats ...  :scratchhead:

Edited by Kylestrome

• RMweb Gold

So Carol Vorderman would make an excellent pilot?

Apparently so. See Wikipedia

In 2014 Vorderman qualified for a private pilot's licence and announced that she planned to fly solo around the world.

On 20 November 2014 Vorderman accepted the appointment of ambassador to the Royal Air Force Air Cadets, saying: "I am truly honoured to be appointed as an ambassador for the RAF Air Cadets. I can't wait to meet the cadets, and the adult volunteer staff who give so much of their time to support them. The cadets themselves are a shining example of the best of British youngsters, standing with them on a parade square will be a great privilege."

Vorderman assumed the rank of Honorary Group Captain RAFVR(T) (Changed to Group Captain RAFAC from December 2017) for the duration of her appointment. She is the first female to be appointed Ambassador in the Royal Air Force Air Cadets' 75 year history after taking over from former ambassador Group Captain Sir Chris Hoy MBE RAFVR(T) Retd.

Edited by Budgie
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

She was there in her military finery at the RAF 100 celebrations on TV some days back.

Keith

And She in Her uniform looked exceedingly smart, Much Smarter than the other RAF officers.  I suspect  more tailoring was involved than normal RAF uniforms..

Edited by TheQ