Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Tankerman said:

- Why do you have to "put in your two cents worth", but it's only a "penny.for your thoughts"?

Because Americans call a 1-cent coin a penny.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

18 minutes ago, Budgie said:
36 minutes ago, Tankerman said:

- Why do you have to "put in your two cents worth", but it's only a "penny, for your thoughts"?

That's because thoughts are worth "ten a penny" and the mark-up is massive, whereas putting in, requires action and consequently more expensive.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Tankerman said:

On a miserable day of snow and cold I found this while deleting some old email files, it might raise a smile or two.

THINGS TO PONDER
- Can you cry under water? Yes.
- How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered? I think you are assassinated if the person who killed you is less important than you.
- Why do you have to "put in your two cents worth", but it's only a "penny.for your thoughts"? Because of the exchange rate

Where's that extra penny going? Not in my direction, I can guarantee you that!
- Why does a round pizza come in a square box? 'Cos it would be daft to put it in a triangular box.
- What disease did cured ham actually have? Doesn't matter, it's cured. 
- How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage? Because humanity is stupid, but ambitious,.
- Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up  every two hours? Becuase they don't know the difference between babies and logs.
- If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing? Of course it is, what is wrong with you?
  Why are you IN a movie, but you're ON TV?  Becuase movies are bigger. 
- Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground? See moon landing answer
- Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They're going to see you naked anyway. Because it's sexier to become naked than to be naked.
- Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural? Dunno.
- Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crispy black, which no human being will eat?  Because they can.
  Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane? Yes, but only slowly and respectfully.
- If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat? See Moon landing
- Why do people point to their wrist when asking the time, but don't point to their crotch when asking where the bathroom is? Because nobody wants to be Michael Jackson.
- Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs! Who care's they're dogs and not real anyway.
- If Wyle E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME rubbish, why didn't he just buy dinner? Despite him not being human, or actually existing, refer to Moon landing
- If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from? Oily babies, of course.
- If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons? The Welsh word for carrot is moron.  This is completely irrelevant and I'm just showing off that I knew that.
- Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune? Yes, but a different scan.
- Why did you just try singing the two songs above? I didn't
- Why do they call it an asteroid when it's outside the hemisphere, but call it a haemorrhoid when it's in your a**e? and a solenoid when it's in an old car?  Dunno.
- Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him for a car ride; he sticks his head out the window? Yes.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tankerman said:

- Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?
- Why did you just try singing the two songs above?

Yes. Because it's by some bloke called Mozart.....

:prankster:

Based on an old European tune.

You can tell that list was American BTW. No one cares about Gilligan's Island over here. It was shown in the 1960s and cancelled half way through. Then shown again in the 1970s and was still a flop. ISTR they tried again on one of the cable/satellite channels. 

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, Giles said:

We are not in our first flush of youth, but with the arrival of snow this morning, my wife decided that a snowman had to be built. By herself.

Di's Snowman

Why does he/she have a fly swatter?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, kevinlms said:

If it’s that inflammable, I’m not shoving any more of that stuff up me!

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, J. S. Bach said:

The real question is what caused it to brew up.

Stuck brakes usually, unfortunately for him when the heat was on and he was in the s### the one thing he needed was creating the heat! ;) 

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Yes. Because it's by some bloke called Mozart.....

:prankster:

Based on an old European tune.

It's not by Mozart (1756-1791), as I think you know. Mozart wrote a set of twelve variations (published 1781-2) on the tune, which Wikipedia says dates from 1740, but was first published in1761.

5 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Quite sure that image is going to haunt me for the rest of the day!

Thanks for sharing...

If that's what toilet paper can do I'm going to keep it permanently in the freezer - not just put it in at night for the morning after a takeaway curry.

• Funny 2