The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Apparently Hornby are thinking of producing a new version of the Ducking Giraffe car.

Its like this ...

giraffecar.png.44a2ce61e4afe9415b44a4a4163e1245.png

Specially designed for layouts with OHLE,

Edited by CameronL
Changed a bit
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, CameronL said:

Apparently Hornby are thinking of producing a new version of the Ducking Giraffe car.

Its like this ...

giraffecar.png.44a2ce61e4afe9415b44a4a4163e1245.png

Specially designed for lines with OHLE,

It might be useful to mount a pantograph on the giraffes head...

• Funny 5

4 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

Would they have to use ex-Panto Giraffes then?       🙊 

Hat, coat, door.....

You do realise there is a giraffe emoji?

No idea what context you would use it mind....

🦒 

One of the reasons I try and avoid them. I could be saying I like women with long necks!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

You do realise there is a giraffe emoji?

No idea what context you would use it mind....

🦒 

One of the reasons I try and avoid them. I could be saying I like women with long necks!

Bring me the head of the ducking giraffe!

• Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, big jim said:

The other train driver should have moved out of the way and lots of people turned up with expensive cameras? Well had you paid for a ticket like the people whose train was in your way?!? 🤣 

No I turned up onto a station and expected a free show with those pesky service trains all held while I take my pics!?! 🤪

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I just think someone is trying to get a free ride behind Scotsman! 

the bit that gets me is ‘NRM and London Midland Trains have been approached to comment’ just as well they didn’t phone me as they probably wouldn’t get a word in over my laughing! 

looking at one of the videos linked to a Pendolino also passed through on the down as it arrived so that would have blocked the view of anyone watching from platform 4/5/6 too! 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

The other train driver should have moved out of the way and lots of people turned up with expensive cameras? Well had you paid for a ticket like the people whose train was in your way?!? 🤣 

No I turned up onto a station and expected a free show with those pesky service trains all held while I take my pics!?! 🤪

"Steve questioned why the domestic train driver wasn't told to depart the station and to wait further down the track."

"It's an absolute shocker," "You'd have thought the organisers would have made sure no other trains pulled up at the same time. They knew what time the Flying Scotsman was arriving."

😐

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

It’s the story that keeps on giving 

if you scroll to other related story’s there’s more, someone in a play park missed filming it as it ran early so they couldn’t get their phone out in time, they even have a ‘rundown of events’ section of Scotsman’s visit but it’s a harrowing read! 

• Funny 1

'Domestic' train driver?

Are the drivers of Scotsman foreigners or do London Midland drivers also clean the toilets and empty the bins on the train?

Platform 1 - that's the shorter platform for local services to Birmingham - unless they had parked an eight coach unit it still looks like they could have stood at the south end of the station and seen the smoke, or was it simply no-one wanted to stand in the sun?

• Agree 1

I see what they mean about it being difficult to see, I think the Scotsman might be here somewhere in the image, it's hard to see it between the gap in the rails.  https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/local-news/moment-flying-scotsman-pulls-nuneaton-27095716

image.png.2025bee84268114841e653a4d12fa20c.png

But I am thinking entitled people with video camera expecting the world to revolve around them.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2