RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

Wow! Fifty years and this is the first time that I have heard of Bagpuss!!

You'll be telling us next that you don't know Ivor The Engine next!

Andi

• Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Dagworth said:

You'll be telling us next that you don't know Ivor The Engine next!

Andi

Is he related to Thomas?

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Or The Clangers, Noggin The Nog, Pogles' Wood, etc.

Then add all the others such as The Herbs, Trumpton, Camberwick Green, Chigley, Mr Benn, and you've got the best kids TV ever made!

You missed out  the Bumblies .

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

To be honest, I found Bagpuss to be very dull when I was a kid - his big yawn at the end was exactly what I felt too!

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

When this bus was allocated to our town bus service everything looked shiny and a lot better looking than the rattley previous versions of the Enviro 200. The driver seemed especially taken with the laminate floor. I usually go towards the back in the upper level, to leave the lower level for those less able. As I sat down I realised that I could only sit on the aisle-side seat. If I had had my 3 year-old grand-daughter with me she could have had the window seat. Her older brothers would have had a less comfortable ride with their knees up under their chins!

Compass Enviro 200 YX73 PJV Seaford 20 2 2024.jpg

Silly seats Compass buses 2024.jpg

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, phil_sutters said:

When this bus was allocated to our town bus service everything looked shiny and a lot better looking than the rattley previous versions of the Enviro 200. The driver seemed especially taken with the laminate floor. I usually go towards the back in the upper level, to leave the lower level for those less able. As I sat down I realised that I could only sit on the aisle-side seat. If I had had my 3 year-old grand-daughter with me she could have had the window seat. Her older brothers would have had a less comfortable ride with their knees up under their chins!

Compass Enviro 200 YX73 PJV Seaford 20 2 2024.jpg

Silly seats Compass buses 2024.jpg

When I visited Malta a few years ago they had started replacing the original buses (many based on old lorries some dating back to the 1930's) with modern buses. I took a bus ride into Valletta on one of the older buses which had comfortable well cushioned seats with plenty of legroom. The return journey was on one of the new buses, hard 'ironing board' seats and my legs jammed up against the seat in front.

• Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, Sidecar Racer said:

sungone.jpeg.cda6a7e95d1c75b0f44a7f1c18b1961d.jpeg

8 minutes, 20 seconds before the daylight side gets crisped, and the atmosphere stripped away.

The first we'd know about it wou......

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold

Sweden has completed the final small administrative step for joining NATO.  The report was accompanied by this photo.

sweden.png.36cc2d160a8a70cf7561b219da6955ac.png

I love the juxtaposition of modern uniforms and equipment with a Viking-style axe complete with safety covers.  Plus they're probably all about 2m tall.  Glad they're on our side.  👍

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 4

2 minutes ago, teaky said:

Sweden has completed the final small administrative step for joining NATO.  The report was accompanied by this photo.

I love the juxtaposition of modern uniforms and equipment with a Viking-style axe complete with safety covers.  Plus they're probably all about 2m tall.  Glad they're on our side.  👍

They also have Valkyries to collect the fallen...

• Funny 4

33 minutes ago, teaky said:

Have you seen the official video using the Heavy Metal band Manowar from which that photo is taken?

Done one using Sabaton as well.

• Like 3

Can't wait to see our ethnically diverse,  gender fluid, multi- coloured hair, soldierettes in a clown car giving conflict awareness lectures to our "idea challenged friends with different opinions", advert...

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Hroth said:

8 minutes, 20 seconds before the daylight side gets crisped, and the atmosphere stripped away.

The first we'd know about it wou......

We'd see the explosion on the daylight side, and possibly the reflection of it from the moon on the night side, about 8 minutes after the actual event (about because the distance of Earth from the Sun varies a little but the speed of light remains constant).  I would imagine it would be instantly blinding  but not instantly fatal; the time taken for the outer edge of the blast to reach earth might be a few seconds longer, and it would be at that point that we were incinerated and enveloped in the expanding supernova.  Nothing would be left of Earth.

Unless the physics of supernovae allow the blast to travel outwards more than 93 or so million miles from the point of ignition faster than the speed of light, in which case nobody'd see or be aware of anything unusual.  From our perspective it'd be like switching off a light, which is ironic because it's actually sort of switching one on...  One of those things that I can't do anything about, so I'm not going to worry about it.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

Have you seen the official video using the Heavy Metal band Manowar from which that photo is taken

Done one using Sabaton as well.

No, I had no idea where the photo came from.  Thanks for posting the videos.  It is an interesting angle on how military recruitment is approached in Sweden.

I have to say that it leaves me unmoved though as I find that particular kind of heavy metal music comical and false.  Nordic and Germanic metal seems like the Euro pop version of rock music to me.  I think the current UK adverts are a bit smarter (as well as shorter).

• Like 1