RMweb

• RMweb Gold

Oh I've been waiting for this!

Great video Adrian, and as others have said, it gives us a chance to see the whole thing in context, with all your wonderful scenery.

So, Sidney Lumet Westerham, what's next, a remake of Murder on the Oistreham Express?

Great stuff mate,

Al.

• Like 1

Perhaps they were so engrossed in Adrian Christie's new book   ........        Given no passengers emerged    ................  

Oh I've been waiting for this!

Great video Adrian, and as others have said, it gives us a chance to see the whole thing in context, with all your wonderful scenery.

So, Sidney Lumet Westerham, what's next, a remake of Murder on the Oistreham Express?

Great stuff mate,

Al.

.......................   how about   ...............................................   Then There Were None.      .....     :O  :O

............................................................................................   Murder on the Lines   ........     :locomotive:  

Ooo  ..  Ooo  ......................................................................   Destination Unknown  ...       :senile:  

..........................................       :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:    .........................   4.50 from Westerham   ..........     :scared:

............................................................................................   The Veiled Lady and the Mystery of the Brasted Chest   .....      :triniti:

Regards  

J

I bet they can't resist the bait    ....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank you all for your kind remarks and suggestions, for some strange reason the thumbnail that I set for the video isn't displaying just the grey thing.

Last night a black and white version of the film was discovered in an old box that was being thrown out by the BBC, if any one want's to see it let me know. All the best Adrian.

Edit : Just checked thumbnail now displaying correctly :scratchhead:

Edited by westerhamstation
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thank you all for your kind remarks and suggestions, for some strange reason the thumbnail that I set for the video isn't displaying just the grey thing.

Last night a black and white version of the film was discovered in an old box that was being thrown out by the BBC, if any one want's to see it let me know. All the best Adrian.

Yes Please.

Aah, at last  .....

The black and white version of the 6.05 special. All the best Adrian.

..............................    The Mystery of the Blue Black Train  .....    :nono:

.............................     The Voice in the Dark  .....

The B&W does the film justice, very nice too.

Julian

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The black and white version of the 6.05 special. All the best Adrian.

Whilst compliling a number of black & white books for release next year on Southern Region steam I came across these shots taken on the branch which might inspire some further modelling.

All the best,

Kevin

Strathwood Publishing

post-10498-0-15679600-1442391095_thumb.jpg

post-10498-0-27519600-1442391109_thumb.jpg

post-10498-0-90316300-1442391134_thumb.jpg

post-10498-0-80510700-1442391161_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Not just a Pension [long since "coughed-up" for]  .....   :drag:

Free rides on buses  ...    :senile:

Cheaper theme park tickets  ...   :sungum:​ 

Free colour movies of foregone trains  ...   :imsohappy:

B/W movies of long lost stations  ...   8)

Amazing the benefits that come with being an old f**t Pensioner  ...   :jester:  :jester:   ...   :scratchhead:

J

• Like 2

Only just come across this thread...wow!

Your work is amazing

Love all the detail,really like how youve made those lamps along side the steps & how you made them.

Youve made it look so simple & easy but very realistic

Really good informative photos and writing on how you do things which makes your thread very intresting.

Can i ask what colour thread did you use for the telegraph wires?

Are they black or a grey colour?

Im thinking about adding them to my own layout but keep putting it off as im thinking it will be a very fiddly job!

Cheers

Ben

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Only just come across this thread...wow!

Your work is amazing

Love all the detail,really like how youve made those lamps along side the steps & how you made them.

Youve made it look so simple & easy but very realistic

Really good informative photos and writing on how you do things which makes your thread very intresting.

Can i ask what colour thread did you use for the telegraph wires?

Are they black or a grey colour?

Im thinking about adding them to my own layout but keep putting it off as im thinking it will be a very fiddly job!

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben, thank you for your interest and comments. You are quite right thinking it is a fiddly job, and one that I don't think I would bother repeating, the effort to get the wires all to hang with just the right amount of droop is a pain, also what ever you do usually means you touch the wires with your sleeve or arm, which makes them tangle together. I used thin white cotton which I then painted with a wash of dark grey enamel thnned with white spirit so that it soaked in with just a touch of the brush. Others have used magicians cord or ezee wire which I belive is

flexible/elastic. Hope that helps all the best Adrian

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Ben, thank you for your interest and comments. You are quite right thinking it is a fiddly job, and one that I don't think I would bother repeating, the effort to get the wires all to hang with just the right amount of droop is a pain, also what ever you do usually means you touch the wires with your sleeve or arm, which makes them tangle together. I used thin white cotton which I then painted with a wash of dark grey enamel thnned with white spirit so that it soaked in with just a touch of the brush. Others have used magicians cord or ezee wire which I belive is

flexible/elastic. Hope that helps all the best Adrian

Totally worth the effort Adrian. If only for the shadows they create!...

post-8964-0-93327200-1443465413.jpg

Regards Shaun

• Like 3

Ssssshhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!  ..........................     :no:  :no:

The peeling paint is brilliant, so how did you do it?

..............   he didn't notice until the pictures were taken    .........          ................       it's that pot of old paint left open over the weekend  .......     :secret:  :secret:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The peeling paint is brilliant, so how did you do it?

Hi Chris, thanks for the comments, the peeling paint effect is acheived using enamel paint and a water based grime wash (www.florymodels.co.uk).

One of Mrs W Stations emery boards was used to create the peeling effect

First the railings were painted with two coats of the enamel paint leaving to dry between coats. Then a wash of the grime was applied and the surplus wiped off with a damp cotton bud. The emery board was pushed into the paint with a sort of jabbing scraping movement rather than sanding. I hope this explains the process it's a lot less complicated than I have made it sound. All the best Adrian.

• Like 1