westerhamstation

I would be very happy to see you model all the way to Charing Cross!

Also I think at the speed you produced this, and the workmanship involved.....if you do a next project....you should consider an exhibition one......I for one think seeing your work in the flesh would be wonderful. And a small half done piece of work at the end for people to see how beautifully you craft some of your work.  :sungum:

• Like 1

Jaz, on 16 Jul 2014 - 18:42, said:snapback.png

No!!!!!! The last bit of scenery......so unhappy.....  :cry:

Have loved the clever way you have addressed so many items......

will have to survive by occasionally re reading from the start.....then what do i do when i know it by heart.....

sniffs.....oh well I am sure you have plenty of other bits to do ......  :butcher: .

An email is.........................................an email....................  :drag:  (e-cig).

congrats on 1000 posts  :sungum:

Well Done Adrian.................Luckily, you did not have to affix,........................postage stamp's.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This is the last big bit of landscaping to do on the Brasted Station board.

Next stage will be the Flockage (thanks Al I have been waiting to say that for a couple of weeks) 

Yay, Flockage!

Nice bit of cuttage there mate... :D

Al.

• RMweb Gold

The Acme Flockage Kit, available from Pounland and your local model shop.

These are the materials and Hi-Tec equipment that I use for all my scenery work on Westerham and Brasted, I will try to show there use as much as possible as I post progress pictures of the landscaping of the right hand corner of Brasted. The cost of materials is approximate but not to far out.

1. fine turf burnt grass       £3

2. field grass                      £4

3. static grass summer mix £2

4. static grass autumn mix  £2

5. pastel chalks box            £3

6. scouring pads pk4          £1

7. hair spray extra firm        £1

8. pva adhesive                  £3

9. static grass gun

with tea strainer              £3

made from pound shop

electronic bug zapper.

10. bag of balloons            £1

11. fine leaf foliage

light green                     £14

Total     £35

post-17489-0-18808400-1405707870_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Adrian,

I love the idea of a static grass gun for £3.00.  I will have grass to do but not a lot so I am hesitant to pay out, not sure how much but loads I think to buy one.  Have you said already how you made it?  (If so I missed it which comes of trying t catch up when you have reached  a million pages!)

Congratulations on 1000 posts.

your tea strainer needs some tape wrapped around the outside so that when it touches the screw you don't JUMP!!!!!!!!

Ours is the same but in yellow, and Kal added the yellow electrical tape....because when the tea strainer touched the screw it would buzz and I would  ...SCREAM!!!!! :jester:

We bought ours ready made off ebay for about £9.00 and it is marvellous. 

Am looking forward to your take on this.... :sungum:........

Oh and love the name.....ACME FLOCKAGE KIT......put a real smile on my face :laugh:

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

Now I know how you are so quick    .............................    it's all down to the little helper you have  .........................

14502662590_5df165c25b_z.jpg
santa_wile_e_coyote_little helper by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

He seems to have brought along lots of toys tools to help you   ........................      :angel:   ...    :no:  .  :nono:

..ACME FLOCKAGE KIT......

Just make sure you give him the H&S briefing and   .................                   ...............................    DON'T forget what Jaz said about NOT touching   .....................     :O   .......................   .........................

.................   NOT   .......................

.....................................   NO  ........................   NOT   .........................................   NOT   ....................................

14502873157_de88e6c4b8_z.jpg
wile-e-coyote-touch the screw by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

....................       touching         ......................           the strainer on the screw    ...............................    :O

Pictures -brilliant - Warner Bros

• RMweb Gold

Now I know how you are so quick    .............................    it's all down to the little helper you have  .........................

14502662590_5df165c25b_z.jpg

santa_wile_e_coyote_little helper by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

He seems to have brought along lots of toys tools to help you   ........................      :angel:   ...    :no:  .  :nono:

Just make sure you give him the H&S briefing and   .................                   ...............................    DON'T forget what Jaz said about NOT touching   .....................     :O   .......................   .........................

.................   NOT   .......................

.....................................   NO  ........................   NOT   .........................................   NOT   ....................................

14502873157_de88e6c4b8_z.jpg

wile-e-coyote-touch the screw by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

....................       touching         ......................           the strainer on the screw    ...............................    :O

Pictures -brilliant - Warner Bros

Now you tell me, I have given myself so many jolts that I call it the pacemaker. The contents of the tea strainer have been jerked upwards and everywhere when the jolt comes. :sarcastichand:

Is that the secret of quick scenery  ..............

The contents of the tea strainer have been jerked upwards and everywhere when the jolt comes

.........................   fill the container   ......    charge it up    ................   touch the screw and up goes the entire contents of the sieve - fully charged and down onto the ground   ........................     BRILLIANT   .....     :sungum:    :jester:  :jester:

• Like 1

nope ....because it never land where the fresh glue is......the strainer is too far from the screw (now being jerked above head height) for the grass to get any static.....and it then often lands just where you have successfully finish the last lot and flattens that!!!!!!!disaster darling......

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Adrian,

I love the idea of a static grass gun for £3.00.  I will have grass to do but not a lot so I am hesitant to pay out, not sure how much but loads I think to buy one.  Have you said already how you made it?  (If so I missed it which comes of trying t catch up when you have reached  a million pages!)

Congratulations on 1000 posts.

Hi Chris, poundworld sell bug zappers they look like a tennis racket, this link shows you how, there are many more on the internet, search for static grass applicator home made.

all the best Adrian

• RMweb Gold

Hi Chris, poundworld sell bug zappers they look like a tennis racket, this link shows you how, there are many more on the internet, search for static grass applicator home made.

all the best Adrian

Adrian,

Thank you, this is most useful.  I was expecting just to have to do Flockage without Statage but maybe now I can.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The Acme Flockage Kit in action.

The surface of the banks to be covered with grass has been given a coat of pva adhesive, and a dusting of static grass has been applied with the static grass applicator thingy (the Zapper Flapper Grass Tapper) thanks for the name Andy. I just put about a quarter full in the tea strainer at a time, just so that it falls freely and dosn't clump up. All  this layer is for is to give me an idea of how the land lies and as a base for further flockage. I then apply some broken up lichen for where I want some undergrowth/bushes, glueing these down with some pva. Some brown pastel chalk is scraped with a scalpel around the base of these to represent where the grass dosn't grow. A spray with the hair spray over the lichen and a quick sprinkle with some light green fine earth mix, I just put some of this in a dish and sprinkle it on with my fingers. Next will be brambles after that lot has dried. What I am trying to represent is about this time of year, and a slightly sun burned grass landscape, on a nice sunny day. Some pictures of the first stage.

Edit to include the Zapper Flapper Grass Tapper.

post-17489-0-46938500-1406033368_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-43304900-1406033582_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-77406300-1406033636_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-06904500-1406033656_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-43120400-1406033686_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-41882100-1406033704_thumb.jpg

Edited by westerhamstation
  • Like 7

It's a shame there are not many useful photographs available of Dunton Green. I am modelling it at the moment in 'N' gauge and although I have found a lot of pics in various places, nothing really shows the relationship between the main station building and the Westerham branch waiting room so I am going to have to improvise! If anyone knows where I can find pics please let me know...

A bit late, but does this help?

post-20556-0-08252600-1406078531_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

That flockage looks great, a nice start.

What static grass do you use, it looks a similar colour to my hanging basket liner. All the static grass I have is much greener.

Al.