westerhamstation

Hi Adrian - have just found a black and white postcard photograph in my possession, produced by Pamlin Prints of Croydon, and showing a H class 0-4-4 tank 31675 with a 2 coach train at Brasted. (probably in the mid 50's) - any idea how/if I can upload it to the net?

Regards

SIGTECH (Steve)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Adrian - have just found a black and white postcard photograph in my possession, produced by Pamlin Prints of Croydon, and showing a H class 0-4-4 tank 31675 with a 2 coach train at Brasted. (probably in the mid 50's) - any idea how/if I can upload it to the net?

Regards

SIGTECH (Steve)

Hi Steve, take a photo or scan of it, upload it to your computer, open it in image editor on rmweb, save it as a jpeg file under 1mb, then when you add a post use the reply with attachments option. If there is a better way or a clearer explantion I am certain someone will post. All the best Adrian  

Hello Adrian, and thanks for the help, it all worked, - and to prove it here is the photo - hope it may be of some use to you, or others who are modelling the line.

Nice to see the layout is progressing - where to next - Dunton Green??

Regards

Steve.

post-18197-0-16201200-1404381046_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Hello Adrian, and thanks for the help, it all worked, - and to prove it here is the photo - hope it may be of some use to you, or others who are modelling the line.

Nice to see the layout is progressing - where to next - Dunton Green??

Regards

Steve.

I wonder what the stain on the platform brick work were caused by? Wet lime leaking down?

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jaz, Colin, i have just looked at a picture of Brasted Station dated 1933 and it clearly  shows an unpainted platform edge, but the white leaching out of the brickwork is very evident in the same place, possibly from chalk used as a backfill for the platform? but it's not evident anywere else along the platform brickwork only the usual paint runs and drips. all the best Adrian

• Like 1

Hi Jaz, Colin, i have just looked at a picture of Brasted Station dated 1933 and it clearly  shows an unpainted platform edge, but the white leaching out of the brickwork is very evident in the same place, possibly from chalk used as a backfill for the platform? but it's not evident anywere else along the platform brickwork only the usual paint runs and drips. all the best Adrian

If that is the case it is more likely the lime mortar leaching in a damp environment.

Edited by N15class

• RMweb Gold

Now that I have realised that the track radius at the end of the baseboard is just to tight to put a a small fiddle yard inside.

( see post no 857 for you boys on the back row who have not been paying attention ) and that I am running out of things to make, a thought  occured to me why not build Chevening Halt on a separate baseboard that in the summer months I could use outside just by continuing the line through the garage wal,l it would only need a hole the size of a plug socket in the wall and my thinking is that when not in use in the winter months a dummy exterior socket would conceal the hole. So a possible solution that gives me more railway and more fun.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Sounds like a good plan. And with England's totally unpredictable weather you'll probably get more running out of it at other times of the year as well.

Look forward to progress.

Nestor

Ok  ............   but why not a model of the [secret - no longer] tunnel in the Box tunnel mouth  .....   then you can let any Secret train you like out into the garden  ..........

There must be other locations with concealed tunnel entrances, for your trains to burst into the daylight   ..........   

.......    come along now - you must be giving the little grey cells a little temptation  ......      :scratchhead:

Now that I have realised that the track radius at the end of the baseboard is just to tight to put a a small fiddle yard inside.

( see post no 857 for you boys on the back row who have not been paying attention ) and that I am running out of things to make, a thought  occured to me why not build Chevening Halt on a separate baseboard that in the summer months I could use outside just by continuing the line through the garage wal,l it would only need a hole the size of a plug socket in the wall and my thinking is that when not in use in the winter months a dummy exterior socket would conceal the hole. So a possible solution that gives me more railway and more fun.

If your garden's big enough then we may be thinking Dunton Green as well, perhaps, with a continuous loop for the main line. :O

• RMweb Gold

Ooooh tht certainly would be exciting, better get voting!

Nestor

Nestor

Nestor

• Like 1

I am finished on this for now.....

med_gallery_17883_2760_71236.jpg

Unfortunately the white lettering is too small to make legible. I'll pop up a picture when it is on the layout properly. It looks nice from a distance.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I am finished on this for now.....

med_gallery_17883_2760_71236.jpg

Unfortunately the white lettering is too small to make legible. I'll pop up a picture when it is on the layout properly. It looks nice from a distance.

Hi Jaz, many thanks for the lovely interpretation of my avatar in such a small size, the Spirit of Kent is proud to grace your wall. all the best Adrian.