Stephen Fay’s diorama builds. GCR Kirton Lindsey tunnel

steve fay

Thanks for posting those Steve, a few structures may have changed over the years but it is still one of the most enjoyable journeys on the system in my opinion. Just to "pop" down to Newton Abbot to get modelling supplies is always a pleasure come rain or shine ( ideally sunny ! ) and to walk along the sea wall and watch trains pass still evokes that boy in me. I'm hoping you do it justice, which, based on your other excellent dioramas, I'm certain you will manage to achieve.

Grahame

attachicon.gifE1CCBF9C-3286-4B37-B6FB-6A95F2F3AE84.jpeg

Backing plaster added today, I’ve tried to replicate the diagonal fracture lines on the cliff face, still lots to do

Hi Steve,

Nice!

I might use, as small lime/cotswold cuttings/cliffs, thin cork tiles at an angle, lightly dry brushed.

Your solution for those Devon cliffs is spot on.....the right solution.

ATVB

CME

Yes it does Steve, I like photographing my models-a buzz seeing them in print or on here-Ive yet to master the intricacies of it though.

Ive used that ivy on several dioramas and its great, dont get static grass near it though it sticks like the proverbial to a blanket-who supplies it now are international models still in existance?

ATVB

CME

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher

Base layers of green completed, the static grasses will be built up with longer strands of more muted tones, Straw and light greens.

Just awaiting a delivery from Mininatur now plus flowering strips from eBay.

attachicon.gif22256C57-1E19-4897-A648-DAE1DB530A69.jpeg

That is impressive work on the cliff.

We had family days out to Dawlish in the 1960s, and I still like to visit now to walk along the sea wall.

Some of the flowers on the cliffs are from the invasive species hottentot fig, which tends to swamp the native flora,

post-7081-0-48613900-1516552102.jpg

46002 passes by in 1980

cheers

• Like 8