Stephen Fay’s diorama builds. GCR Kirton Lindsey tunnel

steve fay

post-5983-0-63057800-1516658285_thumb.jpeg

I’ve had an amended PDF of the tunnel mouth from Philip and printed it off, I’ve cut some card to back it up so I can fill in the surrounding area with plaster.

This tunnel Mouth is based on the one at Shell Cove. A favourite spot for the GWR marketing department.

• Like 12

attachicon.gif79635C6A-6494-45E1-A933-120FF793CD78.jpeg

The Up Cornishman passes the down Torbay express! Well you get the idea !!

attachicon.gifD914365F-6BE4-44D9-B53C-7150007E6C74.jpeg

I’ve had an amended PDF of the tunnel mouth from Philip and printed it off, I’ve cut some card to back it up so I can fill in the surrounding area with plaster.

This tunnel Mouth is based on the one at Shell Cove. A favourite spot for the GWR marketing department.

Wow Steve......looking superb! Id love to train spot there!!

attachicon.gifE8DC1274-DA4F-4B4D-AA47-68E554D71886.jpegattachicon.gif528036FE-EFE0-4568-956E-B694A8734D17.jpegattachicon.gif12EE06FD-4CB9-40F8-A144-0937F078BD06.jpeg

My delivery from Mininatur arrived today, so I’ve been building up the static grasses, plus I had a few other bits, leafy weeds and some flowering tufts to add.

How the hell do you get the scenery together so damn quickly, and looking so well?

Jinty ;)

post-5983-0-42158600-1516873753_thumb.jpegpost-5983-0-36020100-1516873770_thumb.jpeg

Track securely glued down over night, I’ve also been making up some grass tufts.

I’m being evicted out of my kitchen now as we have an 8 year old birthday party tomorrow evening!

I better go clean the railway room to make room for this one!!!

• Like 9

Sadly I wont be going....hopefully it will get another outing?

Not sure to be honest, a few friends of mine are stewards at the show, They are doing all the transportation. We are filling in for another group who have had to cancel.

I will be sticking a For Sale sign on the layout so who knows.

• Like 1

Ballast laid and the first pass of PVA added. I’ve finished adding the sand either side of the track through the tunnel once that’s dry I’ll add the rest of the ballast,

I sprayed all the track over last night with Rail match sleeper grime.

post-5983-0-53416000-1516979087_thumb.jpeg

• Like 9

Steve,

Do you not find the PVA tends to make the ballast take on an odd tinge of green? I’ve started using latex adhesive, watered down,which seems not to do this.

Or do you use ballast that doesn’t do that?

Best

Simon

Steve,

Do you not find the PVA tends to make the ballast take on an odd tinge of green? I’ve started using latex adhesive, watered down,which seems not to do this.

Or do you use ballast that doesn’t do that?

Best

Simon

Hi Simon,

I used Javis ballast on my old Wrexbury OO layout and the PVA did turn the ballast a slight green tinge.

So I swapped to Woodland Scenics ballast and it didn't do it at all, so I've stuck with WS since. My photo plank is a mixture of WS ballasts and no green at all.

Jinty ;)