Stephen Fay’s diorama builds. GCR Kirton Lindsey tunnel

steve fay

Peco spear top fencing temporarily in place. There wasn’t any spear top fencing at coryton Cove but there was at Marine parade Dawlish so this is an amalgamation of the two. post-5983-0-06399200-1522754659_thumb.jpeg

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 12

Hi Steve. Jon's work on the signals is beyond reproach. He made all the signals for Ramchester including a triple disc ground signal and I am so pleased with them. Great work on the sea wall - will you exhibit the whole lot at Bristol next year? or perhaps Telford.

Rod

Edited by railwayrod
  • Like 3

Signals make a layout and Jon’s are amongst the best I’ve seen, as for exhibitions to be honest I’m not sure, I am in discussions with some one about purchasing this module, But once the next 5 boards are complete I certainly do intend on exhibiting the layout, but I’m not sure when that will be. Now this one is nearing completion I know how much each module will Cost me to make so realisticly I would guess 2 to 3 years then there’s the fiddle yard and laser cut curves plus not forgetting Ranelagh Bridge.

I do know a few of the guys who help steward the Bristol show so there’s a good chance we may see some work in progress or some of the finished modules appearing as Dioramas before its fully operational

• Like 1

Line side equipment boxes have arrived from Peter Clark.

I’ve made them up and glued in place.

First pack of ferns are on the way from Noch, my usual supplier only had one pack in stock!

Hopefully they’ll have more soon.

The tunnel mouths should be available this weekend so this project is fast nearing completion.

Magazine photo shoot booked in as well.post-5983-0-50421200-1523374277_thumb.png

• Like 8

post-5983-0-59847100-1523457896_thumb.jpegpost-5983-0-61381200-1523457910_thumb.jpeg

Ferns have started to sprout up !!

post-5983-0-36111100-1523457941_thumb.jpeg

My good friend, Track and Templot guru Rob was over today doing a bit on Ranelagh Bridge and he just happened to bring this plan with him & left it with me.

No prizes for guessing the location.

I think dark forces are conspiring against me!

• Like 5

Really beginning to look the part now Steve.

So will the next diorama be Paddington ?

5 new boards will make up the Riviera line, if the above doesn’t sell then it will form the first completed board.

Ranelagh Bridge is a close as I’ll get to Paddington!!

post-5983-0-90005000-1523468607_thumb.jpeg

I’ve made up a reporting panel with the famous 130 for the Cornish Riviera express, just need the headboard from guilplates

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Steve, in the new plan you’ve put up, do the bits of paper represent separate boards or did it just need 3 bits of paper? I’d be tempted have any join to the right of the end of the sidings, so their bit can still be used as a shunting layout without the right hand board if necessary.

Edit: Just realised the overbridge is right there as well (I had remembered it being further down) so a perfect scenic break! I hope you do this - I think its perfect for a small layout with a difference!

Edited by Hal Nail

I caught the down Riviera again today

post-5983-0-35931900-1523548612_thumb.jpegpost-5983-0-40658600-1523548625_thumb.jpegpost-5983-0-52488100-1523548661_thumb.jpeg

The last two pictures are a good reference as to why I chose spear top fencing, as this is essentially a diorama I didnt want to obscure the view of the Trains as this is mainly about taking photographs

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 11

I caught the down Riviera again today

attachicon.gif05AA7B3C-2463-46F2-9E2D-AE025E6F8BB3.jpegattachicon.gif0F2AC155-F72B-4483-A53C-8BAA05A16C7D.jpegattachicon.gifFE90323E-E193-4F00-95F4-FF4A44FBAFB6.jpeg

The last two pictures are a good reference as to why I chose spear top fencing, as this is essentially a diorama I didnt want to obscure the view of the Trains as this is mainly about taking photographs

Cracking Steve, all of the photos and scenes!

I agree about the Spear Fencing, it is a good move on your part, one gets to see more of the trains....

ATVB

CME

This is looking fantastic Steve, many a happy memory thrashing along the Sea Wall growing up. Something a bit more modern would be my interest mind, a nice ratty dutch Canton 37 dragging a stricken HST maybe.............

• Like 1

This is looking fantastic Steve, many a happy memory thrashing along the Sea Wall growing up. Something a bit more modern would be my interest mind, a nice ratty dutch Canton 37 dragging a stricken HST maybe.............

That’s the way I remember it really!! I can remember seeing a Mk3 DVT for the first time running through Dawlish at the back end of a train of MK2’s

Happy Days

That’s the way I remember it really!! I can remember seeing a Mk3 DVT for the first time running through Dawlish at the back end of a train of MK2’s

Happy Days

With a pair of BR blue (oil covered) 31's at the helm!!

No it had a 47 on the front, I’ve seen some video of the double headed 31’s pulling out of Dawlish with the Mk3 Pullman set.

When I start on the next boards which will form into an exhibition layout I may just add a large logo 50 and some suitable coaches. 50’s have always been a favourite of mine.

St Blazey 37’s would be nice on the silver bullet,

They came up through the Marches line so I would see that train most weeks.

No it had a 47 on the front, I’ve seen some video of the double headed 31’s pulling out of Dawlish with the Mk3 Pullman set.

When I start on the next boards which will form into an exhibition layout I may just add a large logo 50 and some suitable coaches. 50’s have always been a favourite of mine.

Looking forward to seeing it at an exhibition Steve, very exciting!

Growing up in Exeter 37's on the bullets, HST drags and the summer Saturday EBW sets producing with pairs of 31's or 47's were somewhat staples! I thought there were shots of pairs of 31's on EBW sets in Dad's collection the only one I can find is 47665 in Goodrington on top of a DVT (there is a 31 in the background mind!).

• Like 1