RMweb

Hornby Sentinel - including cranked version

Southernman46

Thanks for your interest.

You are quite correct, these sounds are not from a Sentinel. The Rolls-Royce engines are much quieter. I wanted something with a bit of impact for this demo only. It is not intended to be authentic, I thought that was clear from the You Tube description. I'll check and amend if necessary, thanks.

It's just a diesel sound project I loaded onto a decoder quickly to demonstrate that sound could be added to this diminutive model, though the horn is infact from a Sentinel.

I have recordings from several Sentinels of different types so I will be working up a better representation shortly. That is what will be in the next video and the sound project from Digitrains. 

Kind regards,

Paul

Hi Paul - Do you know when the revised project will be ready, please? It's not yet on the Digitrains site. Trevor

Hi Paul - Do you know when the revised project will be ready, please? It's not yet on the Digitrains site. Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Between Digitrains change of premises and a glut of 'has to be done by tomorrow' work this one has slipped a little, sorry.

I'm on holiday at the moment (what am I doing on here?) so it will not be done this week, but it is now a priority once I get back.

Kind regards,

Paul

Edit: promises to premises (Digitrains have removed, not renaged!)

Edited by pauliebanger
  • Like 1

Hi Trevor,

Between Digitrains change of premises and a glut of 'has to be done by tomorrow' work this one has slipped a little, sorry.

I'm on holiday at the moment (what am I doing on here?) so it will not be done this week, but it is now a priority once I get back.

Kind regards,

Paul

Edit: promises to premises (Digitrains have removed, not renaged!)

Thank you Paul. At least this will stop me aggravating Digitrains. Sorry to disturb your holiday, have a great time! Trevor

Thank you Paul. At least this will stop me aggravating Digitrains. Sorry to disturb your holiday, have a great time! Trevor

I've been up all night sewing the sequines on by hand. I've completed the project and sent it to Digitrains for their final approval, so should be available from them shortly.

Kind regards,

Paul

• Like 1

I've been up all night sewing the sequines on by hand. I've completed the project and sent it to Digitrains for their final approval, so should be available from them shortly.

Kind regards,

Paul

Thanks. That really is above and beyond the call of duty! I look forward to the project being available. Please enjoy the rest of your holiday! Trevor

Would anyone believe me if I said I got one to shift 10 bogie coaches. 6 Bachmann bullieds, 3 Lima MK1s and 1 Bachmann MK1. It couldn't start them but once it was going it did go only stopped when it reached a slight raise in the track. I was thoroughly surprised.

Rhys

Just found out from reading the excellent Industrial Railway Society book on Brewery Railways in Burton that Bass had 2 Sentinels in their fleet. So a possible new livery for Hornby subject to agreement with Trade mark owner Coors?

• Like 1

Just found out from reading the excellent Industrial Railway Society book on Brewery Railways in Burton that Bass had 2 Sentinels in their fleet. So a possible new livery for Hornby subject to agreement with Trade mark owner Coors?

It's best if you contact Hornby via twitter, facebook or email and tell them about it. :)

Cheers.

I'm currently repainting one the NCB version and thoroughly recommend filling and sanding the sides to remove the seam below the running plate. 

Has anyone fitted Smiths 3 links to these yet - is there an easy way of doing this? 

Paul A. 

• RMweb Premium

I just got an email from narrow planet, the artwork for my plates is done so they'll be sent with the next batch.

Rhys

Thats good, Narrow Planet make some excellent plates I look forward to seeing the pic's

Thanks Owen

I hope Narrow Planet don't mind me posting their initial sketch they sent me but here it is. I thought because it was such a small loco I'd call it the opposite. The plates are 2mm high and the grid is 2mm square, I probably should have gone for 3mm plates but 2mm will do, it's my own fault.

post-18430-0-60383900-1398008153.jpg

Rhys

Edited by WD0-6-0
  • Like 3

Hi everybody!!! Ive just purchased the weathered Tarmac Sentinel! I have plans for a repaint n such, but for a later date! In the meantime, i was wondering if there was any relative stock for this livery to pull?? Im not overly sure of any tarmac wagons, if any at all??? If any1 cud help id b very grateful :)

Hi everybody!!! Ive just purchased the weathered Tarmac Sentinel! I have plans for a repaint n such, but for a later date! In the meantime, i was wondering if there was any relative stock for this livery to pull?? Im not overly sure of any tarmac wagons, if any at all??? If any1 cud help id b very grateful :)

I hope Narrow Planet don't mind me posting their initial sketch they sent me but here it is. I thought because it was such a small loco I'd call it the opposite. The plates are 2mm high and the grid is 2mm square, I probably should have gone for 3mm plates but 2mm will do, it's my own fault.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Rhys

Pulling the two together, to blank the Tarmac" logo you would need a 13.5 X 3mm nameplate.  Then you have a free range of owners.

Otherwise its a case of ebay (but watch these go up in price) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-R-002-Tarmac-Aggregate-Hopper-Wagons-00-Gauge-/231209264101?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item35d52563e5. Or just using a generic hopper wagon depending on your budget from this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hornby-R6473-RailRoad-Mineral-Rolling/dp/B00260GF2Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1398597433&sr=8-2&keywords=Hornby+railroad+wagons upwards.

Its a good point that Hornby launched the loco without a matching wagon.even though they have PGA hoppers in their range.

Pulling the two together, to blank the Tarmac" logo you would need a 13.5 X 3mm nameplate.  Then you have a free range of owners.

Otherwise its a case of ebay (but watch these go up in price) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-R-002-Tarmac-Aggregate-Hopper-Wagons-00-Gauge-/231209264101?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item35d52563e5. Or just using a generic hopper wagon depending on your budget from this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hornby-R6473-RailRoad-Mineral-Rolling/dp/B00260GF2Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1398597433&sr=8-2&keywords=Hornby+railroad+wagons upwards.

Its a good point that Hornby launched the loco without a matching wagon.even though they have PGA hoppers in their range.

The PGA in Khaki Green is the later version of the livery, it was produced in the original white and black prior to this; this date it from the mid 1970's when the wagons were new!

Mark Saunders

Pulling the two together, to blank the Tarmac" logo you would need a 13.5 X 3mm nameplate. Then you have a free range of owners.

Otherwise its a case of ebay (but watch these go up in price) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-R-002-Tarmac-Aggregate-Hopper-Wagons-00-Gauge-/231209264101?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item35d52563e5. Or just using a generic hopper wagon depending on your budget from this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hornby-R6473-RailRoad-Mineral-Rolling/dp/B00260GF2Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1398597433&sr=8-2&keywords=Hornby+railroad+wagons upwards.

Thanx for that mate! I'll check out those links n c i owt takes my fancy :) bt on the other hand, thanx for the dimensions of the nameplate!! Thats wud save the hassle of finding summat suitable :) thanx again!