Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

David - fantastic stuff. Can I ask if you have set out how you've painted the wall anywhere and provide me with a link? I'm struggling to get that mortar wash right and your effort is quite brilliant!

Many thanks

Chris

The brickwork was sprayed with red oxide primer left to dry, then Humbrol orange with a touch of Phoenix red was airbrushed over to give a base colour.

When dry neat Humbrol 121 is brushed into the brickwork then wiped of straight away with a kitchen towel, again when dry the orange/brick red is dry brushed on slowly building the colour up.

David

Laser cut by Yorl Modelmaking although I drew the artwork

They're doing some things for the EYAG - we've been very impressed by their stuff - it's not cheap but should be excellent value for money :)

Guest Max Stafford

my first ever post,go easy on me.2xLima 40s at donnington my home for vintage heavy metal

Gonzo, that is one top class scene. I clicked onto this as I was listening to a really good mid '60s Garage rock track and the sights and sounds just clicked together seamlessly - brilliant!

Dave.

reminds me of a shot of a OO layout I saw once of a similar depot set up with green 47's and other period diesels in the model railway page of a 1980s "Rail" magazine, havent seen the issue since I was a kid, but would like to know what layout it was.

Sounds like 'Wilberforce Yard' Mike - that 'Ladykillers' connection againwink.gif

David (B cheessplant),

May I congratulate you on some excellent scribed brickwork some of the best I have seen, not allways easy to get right, i like the closures at the corners and window apertures, careful attention to brick pattern detail is that, well done.

cheers

Peter

Just drifted into this thread for the first time in a few weeks.

some fantastic stuff there of all different kinds.

I absolutely love the Paul Bartlett takeoff, including the typeface on the image - well done !!!

Rug's Scottish stuff (well apart from the duff !!!!) very nice and very recognisable.

Seriously, i want to do a Western Lines Brush in that style with numbers on all four corners.

Donnington looks very interesting, but I am guessing it is in Derbys rather than in Salop !!! Definately got the Midland lines look with Sulzer 2s and 4s and the EEs whistling away.

Great stuff all and some serious inspiration - particularly those "anchor-mounts" Ruston !!!