Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Premium
31A - the Cravens 105 looks so real in that setting!

Why thanks Nidge, glad you liked it! I was just playing around with the camera in my works Blackberry (which is usually rubbish for taking pictures of models) to take some shots from normally-inaccessible viewpoints, and that came out. In case you might think that's an uplighter to the left of the station building, it's really the brewery chimney adding to the smog.....

I like BD's one of the Metro Cammell, especially the shored-up retaining wall. B) One of the benefits of copying a real location; who'd have thought to put that feature on a fictional layout?

I like BD's one of the Metro Cammell, especially the shored-up retaining wall. B) One of the benefits of copying a real location; who'd have thought to put that feature on a fictional layout?

Thanks 31A. It was Jim Connor's idea. I think there was a retaining wall shored up somewhere on the North London Railway, but I'm not sure where. Jim thought it would be interesting operationally because the line is singled at one end of the station. Because the layout is based around a fictional railway, a certain amount of artistic licence has been granted. ;)

gallery_6737_845_60640.jpg

• Like 7