Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Took this yesterday at a fellow club member railway room who is building a model of High Wycombe station circa 1957, I need to revisit the shot to get focus and depth of field correct but I do think it does have the feel of the real location.

David

Instantly recognised as H-W, not least because I was born there the year before. This could be be one bridge that does need a traffic jam on it coming down the hill: a green LT RT double decker on the 363 from Amersham perhaps?

Having just played catch-up looking through dozens of pages, 31A's Cravens DMU on a murky night does it for me as the most realistic model, or should I say photo. Even allowing for what friend Jim s-w describes as a UFO in the background, I was hard put to find any detail that said it was a model. The driver looks utterly lifelike as does the DMU glazing.

post-6680-0-86193100-1297270590_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Superb darren01, got a 'double take' from me !

2 from me, a 26/37/37 line up, ( not awaiting the cutters touch at Vic Berrys ! ) but pictured stabled on Eastfield under a rare blue sky and followed by the 26 outside the as yet, un-numbered, no. 8 road roller shutter door.

post-6667-0-97666700-1297268074_thumb.jpg

Not normally a fan of depot layouts, but that's superb!

Cactustrain - I'll get my coat, thats superb, not a single thing says 'model'.

For those who like a bit of sound & movement with their realistic image, come and stand infront of the shed doors at Eastfield for 2 mins..............

(extra 10 points to anyone that spots the lens cap on this one, ooooops !)
  • Like 4

Donningtons motley collection of shunters all parked up for the weekend.A lucky grabbed out of the window shot from a passing Sunday diversion service.

The film you are using gives an excellent olde days gone colour film look. The picture reminds me of some of the late 1970s shots I've seen of shunters parked up on the MSC system at the weekend.

• RMweb Premium

Cross-posted as the image has recently been added to my gallery and I have received several suggestions that it would also sit comfortably in this topic .....

Early morning local train calls at Treheligan lit only by the platform and train lighting.

post-3305-0-21069300-1297753740_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Pug 51207 works the yard at Harford Street. Its 1952, and 51207 is on loan to Devons Road whilst the locomotive usually rostered to work Bromley Gasworks is under repair. Two Pug's were transferred to London that year, 51207 having come from Goole. By 1953 it was back up north.

post-6737-0-98341700-1297814737_thumb.jpg

Black and white tint:

post-6737-0-27230200-1297874582_thumb.jpg

• Like 3