Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Gold

Couple of blasts from the past:

post-6720-126980094079_thumb.jpg

post-6720-126980095559_thumb.jpg

I'll be exhibiting Cogirep at Trainwest 2010 in Melksham on the 10th and 11th April, and at the

Taunton RMweb members day a fortnight later. Hopefully there will be a few more bits and bobs

to look at for those that have seen the layout before. Oh, and while I'm plugging it, there's an

article in the current (April) issue of Continental Modeller B).

• Like 9

Is the TK an RTP or doctored ?

Thanks Phil! The TK's just an EFE one that I picked up on ebay - eventually it'll get some new glazing, weathering and Jim's wing mirrors but for not it's just been plonked.

Pix

Guest jim s-w

Can't you park an AC in the holding sidings for us ?

Ask and you shall receive Phil!

acs%20parked.jpg

Cheers

Jim

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I know, I used to work on ac electrics when I was training at Kingmoor, and 87101 turned up with more external wiring than you could shake a stick at, then I used to get a ride on the footplate from Kingmoor to Preston every Friday on either an 86 or an 87. Heady days

Some really excellent pictures appearing in this thread. It has motivated me to Try A Lot Harder with a decent camera.

A recent picture taken on 'Grove Street Yard':

The yard's resident shunter is an ex BR class 04, D2267, still wearing faded BR blue. It waits with an empty wagon on the approach to the warehouse yard.

post-8701-126998003084_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Guest Max Stafford

Looks like the photographer will need to find shelter in a couple of minutes! Very atmospheric Jon. B)

Dave.

Great work guys, mine doesn't come close =/

Well it doesn't have a roof yet, or couplings, or some other things, and I need to get rid of those strings of superglue, but hey, I like it =)

P1000008.jpg

Chris

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Great work guys, mine doesn't come close =/

Well it doesn't have a roof yet, or couplings, or some other things, and I need to get rid of those strings of superglue, but hey, I like it =)

P1000008.jpg

Chris

Looks great Chris, although you could argue that its cruel to enlarge an 009 loco to quite that extent!

As for the strings of superglue, I thought they they were cobwebs, on a loco thats been in its shed for a while. And I wouldnt have noticed the cab roof if you hadnt mentioned it.

Terrific stuff, are there any more photos of the layout?

Cheers,

Dave.

• Like 1

Hi Andy

If you can lend me one yeah! ;)

Cheers

Jim

It'd be good to see an 84 at BNS, although it might be a bit before your time period. I have a photo of 86401 sat outside the Power Box, I don't suppose everyone's favourite 86 on your list...?

Guest jim s-w

Hi Andy

Yeah only 81's and 85's left, I'd like to see your pic of 401 but and you correctly guessed its not on the list!

I'd be interested to see what the Heljan one looks like in a proper setting.

Cheers

Jim

Great work with the Rats at New St Jim icon_thumbsup2.gif

This isn't my model but I couldn't resist snapping it and giving it a bit of the old nostalgic treatment... D1000 at the York show yesterday, what a beautiful piece of kit...... hats off to whoever built and painted it.....

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x38/rugd1022/100_0335A.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x38/rugd1022/100_0346A.jpg

Nidge wink.gif